• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

tube routes for msts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
Good? GOOD?????:D:D:D

I think all we need now is a good 95 stock to go with it isn't it!!!!

Thank you for the compliment!

You want a 95 stock train? That can be arranged.

A few months ago I started building on one, but I did not get very far.
The last few hours I spend building a 95 stock car using the template I build earlier.
It has no interieur yet, but it does already have animated doors. The doors left and right, and the drivers cabin door, can all be operated independent of each other.
I also plan to animate the destination display, so you can switch between two destinations (like "Edgware" and "Kennington") while driving.;)

Here is a screen of the first MSTS test, inside the Golders Green Depot.



If there is anyone who knows how to make a good cabview, please come foreward. I could really use it.


--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


And a few hours later (I have build a trailercar for it);

The same location as before (Hendon Central), now with a 1995 stock train:


And from the other side:
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
Today I added the non-driver motorcoach in order to make a full consist.
I smoothed the edges and I added the destination display with animation.

You can now change the destination with Ctrl+NUM8 (choose between two destinations. I have now used Edgware and Morden).
The doors are animated under Ctrl+NUM7 (left), Ctrl+NUM9 (right) and P (drivers cabin, both doors).

I have tried to start a cabview, but for some unknown reason TGATool2 wouldn't convert the alpha-channel.

Next, I think I'll start on the inside of the train.

 

mbonwick

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2006
Messages
6,311
Location
Kendal
I was gonna say before about the transparency, but I figured you'd sort it.


Absolutely stunning work so far....keep it up!
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
I was gonna say before about the transparency, but I figured you'd sort it.
Absolutely stunning work so far....keep it up!

Yes, I think I have found a good solution.

This is the problem; when you look trough the train (in the passenger part of the train), you can see the wall on the other site but not the doors. This gives a really strange effect when you look trough the train, especially in MSTS when you open te doors at a station.

The solution; right now the train walls are 100% transparent where the doors are (so it seems that, when you open the doors, you can just walk in). But this causes problems when you need to look trough several transparent textures, when these are all part of the same shapefile.
I am going to 'cut' the walls away. This will solve the whole problem (I have done something like that before on another train), but it is going to take a few hours to get it right. At the moment, I am not in the mood for that. I will do it this weekend.

The route will be released on schedule, no later then december 31st.:D
The train? I don't know yet.;)
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
20-12-2008

It took me all day, but I finally have a acceptable solution to the earlier transparency problems.
Next step will be to start building in the interiour.
Of course, it is still only the first motorcar. I will continue on the rest of the train when this one is finished.




--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
21-12-2008 - midday

I have build in the interiour, but got to another transparency problem.

The number of polygones got to high for MSTS (2742 after conversion), so I had to input the interiour into the train with the "Freightanim()" function.
But now I have the following problem; I can't see the interiour through the windows! It is ony visible trough the doors when they are opened!

Does anyone know what has gone wrong?




--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
21-12-2008 - 23:29

This was just about the longest and most irritating weekend I have had since I started this project.
I have spent at least sixteen hours this weekend on the transparency of the 1995 stock driver/motorcarriage.

Now, I still need to do some experimentation, and perfecting the design, but I finally have a working prototype.

At first the problem was as mentioned in earlier posts; the interiour was not vissible when the doors where closed. But when I finally found a solution, it only worked in Shape Viewer. MSTS kept crashing!

After at least half a day of trial and error (and no solution, just errors), I found the answer (when I'd almost given up) to this mayor problem on a TSM basic tutorial website; "be carefull with your materialnames. Because of a bug in TSM some combinations can make Train Simulator crash."


So, the project is back on track (both figuratively and literally).


Some news on the route:

  • I have completed the Waterloo and City (not 100% realistic scenery around Waterloo, but good enough for this version of the route).
  • The Northern Line is just about finished. There are just some minor details I still want to pay attention to.
  • I have started adding tunnel elements to the Piccadilly Line tracks.

The next version of the route will be released in 7 to 10 days time.
 
Last edited:

DJC_158

Member
Joined
20 Sep 2006
Messages
124
Location
Melksham
absolutely stunning work so far- really is starting to take shape and progress well. excellent.
Keep up the great work
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
Today the lights where added to the train. I will post a new screenshot tomorrow.

As it is possible to switch between two destinations on the front display while driving (with Ctrl-NUM8), I have made consists for each of the three main routes on the Northern Line; Edgware - Morden, Kennington - High Barnet and Finchley Central - Mill Hill East.

As the 1992 stock is very similar to the 1995 stock, I am thinking of creating the 1992 stock too (for use on the Waterloo & City Line, which is included in the route).
I have already made the first texturefiles.;)


News on the route:
I have made a small change at High Barnet. In de last version of the route, there is a switch at High Barnet which leeds your train to the track on the right. But as everybody knows, in England all traffic drives on the left. So I have replaced the switch with another one.


--- old post above --- --- new post below ---



And here it is; the 1995 stock train with functioning lights:



And the 1992 stock train for the Waterloo & City line, in the same state of completion as the 1995 stock:



I plan to make both versions; the red/white (now standard) and the blue/white ('old') version.;)
 
Last edited:

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
Two days ago, I took a short trip to Amsterdam to buy a RailDriver (for those of you who don't know it: http://www.dcctrain.com/images/software_cabcontrol.jpg).
Today, I managed to make a version of the 1992 stock train that's compatible with the RailDriver.;)


--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

And here is the "old style" version of the Waterloo & City 1992 stock:

 
Last edited:

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
I am now making some small ajustments to the route (some scenery, some signals, etc.), and I'm adding some simple activity's.
The route will be uploaded within 2008.

The trains ('92 and '95 stock) will follow later, so for now, the activity's are for the '73 stock (refurbished edition).
When the trains aree ready, I'll probably update the activity's to include them.;)
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
The official opening of the Edgware branch has been realised with a 1938 stock train driving from Golders Green to Edgware. Here a screen on arrival at Edgware:



I am now preparing the route for distribution.
After a installation test, I will upload it, which will be later tonight.;)


--- old post above --- --- new post below ---



Upload to UKTrainsim.com has failed.:( Perhaps I'll try again later, but as I don't like that site due to their close-to-impossible download policy, I am not in a hurry to do so.<(
Instead, the route has been uploaded to train-sim.com, where it will probably be available for download in a few days.:D;)


--- old post above --- --- new post below ---



Still experimental (I created it in the past few hours), the first ever elektric locomotive to run on what we now know as the Northern Line, but then still known as the the City & South London Railway (CSLR) between Stockwell and King Willam Street:



I am planning to make the "padded cell" cars too.
This train will be released together with the 1992 and 1995 stock.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top