• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

tube routes for msts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
Today station Moorgate was added to the route. This took a lot of time, as the tracks are in a curved position inside a non-curved station, which also made a curved platform neccesary.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
They look brilliant

Thanks!


Here's the next update.
Today I constructed Oval and Stockwell, and build the connecting tunnels.

2000241116062297800_rs.jpg
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
Work continues on the line. I just added Mornington Cresent to the route, and the tunnels between Clapham South and Balham.
Next, I plan to build some more stations: Balham to Wimbledon, Elephant & Castle, etc.

As you have probably guessed, I have decided to cancel my innitial idea of a Kennington to Hampstead release. I am going for a complete line from Morden to Mill Hill East and High Barnet (I am not sure yet about the Edgware branch), with regular updates on this forum.;)

It's weekend again, which means more time to build.:D
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
why are you unsure about edgware branch?

Because I think the line to High Barnet will take a lot of work to complete.
I will decide wether to add Hampstead - Edgware to the route when the rest of the route is finished.
When I can drive on a finished route from Morden to Mill Hill East and High Barnet, via both Bank and Charing Cross, and I still feel like it, then I will build that part of the Northernline. ;)
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
Here is today's update.
The line is now finished from South Wimbledon in the south to Hampstead and Archway in the north (via Bank).

With "finished" I mean all stations and tunnels have been build.
The signals are not build in yet, exept om some short sections. This is because some singaltypes caused the route to crash when starting this project (which led to the need to rebuild {a complete startover} London Bridge to Euston).
When the whole underground-part of the route in complete, the signals will be build in (after makeing a few backups ;) ).

2001410071632421141_rs.jpg


Next I plan to continue on the Charing Cross branch. ;)
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
Here is a driver's view screenshot of a train entering Kennington (bound for Morden):

2005383222312109977_rs.jpg



Does anybody know where I can download groups of people to populate the platforms? Not single people, as placing them would take to long, but groups.

I have also an interest in the first tube-trains; does anybody have any information on the "padded cell"-trains? Pictures of the cars and lokomotive, measurements, diagrams? Mayby even a MSTS-model?
The only thing I have found are the pictures on this website, which are of bad quality: http://fdelaitre.club.fr/Kws.htm

---------addition------------

I found some information on the "padded cell"-trains on the website of the London Transport museum.
But every bit of further information is welcome.;)
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
The next update:

2003282638065461615_rs.jpg


And as a celebration of it's arrival; a photo of the the newest item in my railroad collection (which I earlier mentioned in this topic):

2005208167170743392_rs.jpg


I now believe it might be from a 1959 stock instead of a 1973 stock, as it looks very much like the one on the train shown below. I know mine is from train 1198, but I am just not 100% sure which type that is.

59arrFCLp1.jpg

Source: Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Underground_1959_Stock
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
I just added the station "Tottenham Court Road" to the route.

Also, I found a DLR-train at UKtrainsim.com. To try it out, I added a few hundred metres of DLR-tunnel to the route. It starts right next to the Northernline Bank-platforms, and ends just after the tunnels end.
I made a small "introductory trainride"-activity for computerised driving, just like the real situation. ;)
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
Hi Sjbve routes looking good but how about making some DLR track so people can extend it if they want.

I have built DLR tracks from Bank to just after the connection of the Tower Gateway-station.
I plan to add more tracks, but scenery will have to wait. After all, the Northernline stays a priority.
Should I decide to do more of the DLR, it will not be more then a few stations (like to Canary Wharf).

...so people can extend it if they want.

offcourse, no problem ;)
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
I just added the tunnels between Archway and East Finchley to the route. The station Highgate will probably be added tomorrow (or today, as it is already 0500h. I should get some sleep.;)).
I also added the tracks and trainshed for Highgate depot.

DLR tracks are build between Bank and Limehouse, but those will, for now, not get any more attention. The Northernline has priority.;)
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
Today I wanted to do something entirely different, so I did some work on a 1995 stock train.

I was thinking of asking the creator of the other MSTS Tube-trains to send me some of the files for his 1973 stock train, so I could use it's undercarriage (bogies, wheels, etc.), but unfortunately I found out it was created with 3dCanvas (which I do not have).

So, if somebody has TSM (Train Sim Modeler) and is really good with it, feel free to let me know. I can use all the help I can get,

When finished, the train will feature animated doors (the animation has already been build in), and hopefully a working cabview (again, any help is appreciated, as I have never succesfully used the cab-editor).

I have found a good picture from the front of the train. If somebody can provide pictures from the sides (under an exact 90 degree angle), it maybe possible to create photorealistic textures.
For now, I have adapted the drawings of this train from Wikipedia to serve as textures on the train.

2005449958803091193_rs.jpg



Also for the route itself; anyone who wishes to create objects for it (like, for example, station buildings), don't hessitate to let me know!
 

sjbve

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2008
Messages
120
Location
Leiden, The Netherlands
Mill Hill East -> Finchley Central is now about 50% complete.;)
No garantees, but I hope to be able to complete Mill Hill East to Finchley East by the end of next weekend (which would complete the route Kennington - Mill Hill East). :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top