• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trowbridge [TRO] - Crewe [CRE] Route: Not London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Hi all,

Hopefully a quick question, but is a Trowbridge to Crewe Route Not London ticket valid on the following:

Trowbridge > Bath Spa > Reading > Clapham Junction > Watford Junction > Crewe?

Same question I guess for a Trowbridge to Liverpool Route Not London ticket (which I'm buying later for travel to Liverpool, but I wouldn't be doing the above route until the return journey tomorrow). Logic and common sense says yes, but I'd rather have a more definite idea before getting an unknowledgeable FGW or VWC gripper trying to incorrectly excess me.

Cheers in advance all.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
No.
It is valid by map BD - Bath - Bristol - Newport - Crewe
maps CC+CE Bath - Bristol - West Midlands - Crewe
maps LC+MW Swindon - Didcot - West Midlands - Crewe
Map MW Swindon - Didcot - West Midlands - Crewe
Map MW Salisbury - Basingstoke - Clapham Junc - (Willesden Junc) - Watford - Crewe

There are a lot of routeings to Liverpool but there is no difference for the Trowbridge - Crewe section.

Peter
 
Last edited:

bnm

Established Member
Joined
12 Oct 2009
Messages
4,992
I've not been able to force journey planners to give up the fare for the route via RDG, but you can travel via Salisbury, Clapham J, Watford J with a 'Route: Not London' ticket.
 

Lad Brookes

Member
Joined
9 Nov 2010
Messages
202
Hi all,

Hopefully a quick question, but is a Trowbridge to Crewe Route Not London ticket valid on the following:

Trowbridge > Bath Spa > Reading > Clapham Junction > Watford Junction > Crewe?

Same question I guess for a Trowbridge to Liverpool Route Not London ticket (which I'm buying later for travel to Liverpool, but I wouldn't be doing the above route until the return journey tomorrow). Logic and common sense says yes, but I'd rather have a more definite idea before getting an unknowledgeable FGW or VWC gripper trying to incorrectly excess me.

Cheers in advance all.

Via Bristol Temple Meads and Birmingham New Street is roughly 170 miles (not 100% sure that's the shortest route)
Via Bath Spa, Reading, Clapham Junction and Watford Junction is roughly 282 miles. That's 112 miles (or 66%) longer. In addition, it's a rather tortuous route.
Surely that stretches logic and common sense somewhat? :lol:
 

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,914
Location
0036
I was about to add that you'd have a job getting from CLJ to WFJ without going through a London terminal, but then realised that KPA doesn't count as a London terminal nowadays.

It defies all logic that a Trowbridge to Crewe ticket could be valid on that route, but then the NRG has been known to defy all logic on a number of occasions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top