• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trouble with the first electrostar scenario for the London-Brighton pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Joined
28 Dec 2010
Messages
2,087
Location
Ellesmere port
Bonjour,

I have the London-Brighton pack which I brought a while ago and not had chance to play it, well I played it today and started up the first scenario and did what it said, waited at Preston Park then proceeded to the red signal then it told me to press tab, so I did and waited about 2 minutes and nothing happened and then I mashed the tab button then proceeded then it ended on a SPAD.

Does the signal change color and does anybody know what is wrong as I have done this a few times and every time I press tab it doesn't acknowledge it and it just ends on spad.

Thanks for your help
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ert47

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2010
Messages
688
There should be a pop up if you press the tab key. Just wondering if this is the shunting scenario. You might have to do a reversal at some point.
 

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Joined
28 Dec 2010
Messages
2,087
Location
Ellesmere port
Nothing whatsoever happens when I press tab. Most of the keyboard controls don't even work. They are correct in the keyboard control manual but nothing happens. For example when I press the space-bar the horn doesn't blow (I know it doesn't work inside the cab, but it doesn't even work outside).
 

CC 72100

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2012
Messages
3,852
Have you tried verifying or clearing the game cache?
 

CC 72100

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2012
Messages
3,852
What is that and how do you do that? I do apologize but I am a dinosaur at these kind of things!

Ok, basically doing these processes often fix the issues that come up with railworks. It's a pretty standard thing for people with Trainsim to have to do!

To verfiy game cache (check and download all of the files you should have), you need to go into the library on steam, right click on TrainSim 2013, click 'properties', click the Local files tab, then verify integrity of the game cache. This process may take a little while as it checks and then re-downloads any missing files.

To clear the cache I believe the button is located on the game - I haven't had to do it yet on 13, so I'm sure somebody who has would be able to tell us exactly where it is!
 

TheEdge

Established Member
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
4,498
Location
Norwich
To clear the cache I believe the button is located on the game - I haven't had to do it yet on 13, so I'm sure somebody who has would be able to tell us exactly where it is!

Yes it has been hidden somewhat in 13.

When you launch the game and get to the "Collection Screen" press the following;

Main Menu - Game Settings - Tools - Clear Cache

:)
 

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Joined
28 Dec 2010
Messages
2,087
Location
Ellesmere port
Thanks, I think that's solved the issue, I'm yet to try it on the particular route but the buttons worked on other scenarios.

Now I'm face with yet another issue, does anybody know how to get the game to fit in your screen perfectly? My game fits heightwise but there is just 2 cm of black on the left side then part of the game is off the screen on the right side.

Also, does anybody know how to put the class 377 into scenario editor on another map/route?

Cheers
 

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,494
Location
Yorkshire
Thanks, I think that's solved the issue, I'm yet to try it on the particular route but the buttons worked on other scenarios.

Now I'm face with yet another issue, does anybody know how to get the game to fit in your screen perfectly? My game fits heightwise but there is just 2 cm of black on the left side then part of the game is off the screen on the right side.

Also, does anybody know how to put the class 377 into scenario editor on another map/route?

Cheers

With your first query, is there any problem in Windows as it just sounds like your monitor needs adjustment.

Alternatively check in your settings, graphics and see if it is set to full screen or windowed mode.

As for the 377 in other scenarios/routes - it is available on the quick drive (I have just plonked it via this onto the Isle of Wight route (yep, it will be like lorries and low bridges :D). As for putting it into scenarios and free roams...it has been done to death on here in various threads so I'd advise looking back for the solution
 

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Joined
28 Dec 2010
Messages
2,087
Location
Ellesmere port
With your first query, is there any problem in Windows as it just sounds like your monitor needs adjustment.

Alternatively check in your settings, graphics and see if it is set to full screen or windowed mode.

As for the 377 in other scenarios/routes - it is available on the quick drive (I have just plonked it via this onto the Isle of Wight route (yep, it will be like lorries and low bridges :D). As for putting it into scenarios and free roams...it has been done to death on here in various threads so I'd advise looking back for the solution

I am most thankful for your advice, but I do apologize, but I have said before that I'm a complete dinosaur with things like this. How do I do what you said, and does that make the game fit the screen perfectly without it being partly off?

Also, I can't find anything about putting the 377 into free roam, a link would be most appreciated.

Cheers :D
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,146
Location
Redcar
Nearly..... :D

Open TS2013 and click 'Main Menu', click 'Game Settings', then 'Tools' and then 'Clear Cache'.
 

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Joined
28 Dec 2010
Messages
2,087
Location
Ellesmere port
So al I need to do is clear the cache and that will fix everything, including the Pass-signal at danger not working and the screen not fitting properly?

Sorry for being so demanding, I'm just a little peed off by the fact it isnt working and I have put quite a bit of my own money into it.

Can anybody possible tell me how to put the 377 into the Cresston map? (I'm hoping Darandio knows :D)

Thanks
 

jon91

Member
Joined
18 Oct 2010
Messages
307
Location
Blackburn
I don't think Cresston has Quick Drive enabled yet, so you'll have to create a new scenario by Main menu > Editor > Select the route, in this case Cresston > Scenario Editor > New Scenario.

It'll then ask you what type of scenario you want, I'd suggest just using a free roam one for now unless you want to have your route set for you and not have to faff about with points whilst you're driving.

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=359&t=117021 This link will help you find the 377, as it'll be hidden away in one of the developer folders and not visible in the engine list when you first create a scenario.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top