• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRO > BOA monthly season ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Hi all,

I'm doing some research for a possible future employment in Bradford-on-Avon, of which a commute by rail would be rather necessary (I could go by bus, but where's the fun in that?!). So I thought I'd look up how much a monthly season ticket is, as I seem to be able to find out the price of such season tickets on other, longer distance, journeys I look up occasionally.

No such luck on looking up a Trowbridge to Bradford-on-Avon season ticket, unless I wanted an annual one at £660-odd. Seems strange how I can find out how much a monthly season ticket between Trowbridge and Woking is, but not for Trowbridge to Bradford-on-Avon! :|

Anyone got the gen, or know where to look for it? It's not I'm guaranteed to need it right now, but it would be nice to know in advance, just in case I do find I need to commute there!

Cheers in advance all,

Techniquest
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,498
Location
Yorkshire
From Avantix Traveller, the 1 calendar month season price is £59.60.

Unless you work weekends, and assuming a 5 day week, you would be best off buying in 5 week blocks (with variations to suit annual leave) rather than 1 calendar month.

e.g. Monday 1 Nov -> Friday 3 Dec would be £65.60.

A 7day season is £15.50 (for comparison purposes, that would make 5 weeks £77.50)

I strongly advise renewing for as long as possible before the fares increase in early January. The fares may increase significantly.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Thanks yorkie. Most useful.

As I say, not sure yet if I'll need to get a season ticket, but at least I know how much it'll be. Correct you are with the assumption of only needing it Mon > Fri, although in all fairness I'd probably still use it on the Saturdays and Sundays too, got to get my mileage increased you know! :lol:

Cheers too for the PM, I'll have a proper look at it when I'm on my laptop this afternoon :)
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Ah, didn't know you could use that. Shall remember it for future reference.

Not too bothered if I can't buy it through Southern's system, since the station's only 10 minutes walk down the road. Just I didn't fancy holding up the queues in the ticket office to make a fares query!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top