• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: what film could this have been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebor79

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2018
Messages
4,912
This is a very long shot, but if there's anywhere that might come up with the answer, it's here!

Back in about 2010 I travelled on an AVE between Seville and Madrid. The film that was shown was an American comedy, subtitled in Spanish. All I can remember is that is involved 2 detective/secret agent type characters and that it was absolutely hilarious. I think one or both of them might have been completely incompetent, but I'm not sure about that.
So, is there anyone with an encyclopedic knowledge of films shown on AVE and a similarly Tarantino-esque knowledge of film able to suggest what it might have been? I'd love to watch it again. I believe it was relatively recently released at the time of viewing.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kingspanner

Member
Joined
17 Jul 2019
Messages
328
Location
Dinsdale
Johnny English Reborn was out about then. Could be mistaken for American if subtitled/no audio. Of course the OP would have to not be able to recognise/remember Rowan Atkinson or ever watch ITV on a Sunday
 

trebor79

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2018
Messages
4,912
Definitely wasn't Johnny English. I'd have remembered Rowan Atkinson. The English audio was playing, I just can't recall any of the dialogue. I think they were American.
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,853
Location
Oakham
2010... isn't that about the time when one of the Pink Panther re-makes with Steve Martin was released? The second one, I think? Might it have been that?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top