JamesRowden
Established Member
No, just following the example given by the OP...
The example was a through service but it also followed a permitted route. The second possibility was not excluded.
Last edited:
No, just following the example given by the OP...
Neither were journeys which exclusively used either diesel or electric traction. I think you're just...The example was a through service but it also followed a permitted route. The second possibility was not excluded.
Neither were journeys which exclusively used either diesel or electric traction. I think you're just...
What's the longest possible return journey to London without doubling back anywhere (apart from where two routes share a section of track leading out of a terminus)?
You're right, there's no mention of routes, they say leave in either direction which is possible at Tilbury Town.
You do say throughout this thread that direct routes are implied in the OP, in the main I agree with you, I believe both yourself and swt passenger have stated that given an unlimited amount of changes it's possible from anywhere On the network, but with invalid routing. However I feel that implicit in the OP are those stations where it's possible through a quirk of routing, with changes and On this basis Tilbury Town qualifies. You obviously have a different opinion, and that's fine.
The OP has come to check their thread a few times. I suggest we let them adjudicate.
You cannot leave Weymouth in two different directions though...
I might be clutching at straws now , but how about Heathrow terminal 4,and does it even count??
North Via the LU piccadilly line to KGX
and South-west via the Heavy rail line into Paddington
Isn't that pushing the definition of 'same station'? Whenever I've used the underground station, I've not noticed any direct link to the Heathrow Express station - from which I'd surmise that it's more like two separate stations that happen to have the same name.
And does the heavy rail line really leave SW? I've not used it so am not sure of the layout but that would appear to be almost the opposite direction to where the trains are heading?
You cannot leave Weymouth in two different directions though...
Ramsgate, Margate, Broadstairs and other stations on the Thanet loop.
Isn't that pushing the definition of 'same station'? Whenever I've used the underground station, I've not noticed any direct link to the Heathrow Express station - from which I'd surmise that it's more like two separate stations that happen to have the same name.
And does the heavy rail line really leave SW? I've not used it so am not sure of the layout but that would appear to be almost the opposite direction to where the trains are heading?
Not exactly the same but from where I live I can catch a train from Tattenham Corner to London, Epsom Downs to London or Epsom main to London via two routes. I have the availability of two TOC's so if there is disruption I have very good alternatives.
Actually, I wonder if there is anywhere else that has such good options for somebody wanting to commute to London?