Thames Trains, then First Great Western LinkGatwick is in the over 10 club (corrections welcomed)...
connex
south central
southern
thameslink
FCC
gatwick express
tsgn
first great western
southeastern
virgin cross country
arriva cross country (short lived)
thames trains
greater western
Could squeeze SPT into that batch if the OP were to deem such examples as valid.
Was more thinking of the branded SPT services which ran before 2008 but were operated on SPT's behalf by ScotRail, but if we're counting the Subway then techincally wouldn't that also count as two, given both the Subway and SPT Rail were run under two different brands (SPT Rail and SPT Subway)? Or is that a stretch too farHmm. SPT runs the Subway, but only the first and last trains are actually tinetabled. But still... they ARE timetabled.
Verdict: It is allowed.

First North Western also ran to Birmingham International.For Birmingham International and Birmingham New Street I can list 10 plus a query
Central Trains
London Midland
West Midlands Railways
London NorthWestern
Silverlink
Virgin West Coast
Virgin Cross Country
Cross Country
Arriva Trains Wales
Transport for Wales
Wrexham and Shropshire stopped at International unadvertised and kept the doors locked
I think it would be one of the stations served only by Chiltern (i.e. everything south of Kings Sutton and east of Oxford on the Chiltern line, except the couple ones where they call at LU stations on the Aylesbury branch). Chiltern have remained the same legal entity and brand since privatisation (although they are on their second franchise now).at the other end of the scale, and not counting engineering diversions, I guess the lowest number of TOCs since 1997 is 2- most of the south western division of the old southern railway comes into this? South West Trains, now Southwestern Railway.
Maghull North and Kenilworth have only had one TOC, haven't they?at the other end of the scale, and not counting engineering diversions, I guess the lowest number of TOCs since 1997 is 2- most of the south western division of the old southern railway comes into this? South West Trains, now Southwestern Railway.
Similarly for most recently-opened stations.I think that's cheatingMaghull North and Kenilworth have only had one TOC, haven't they?Similarly for most recently-opened stations.
If you want legal entity, the SW franchise was run by South West Trains Ltd (a Stagecoach subsidiary), then Stagecoach South Western Trains Ltd, and now of course First MTR South Western Trains Ltd under the South Western Railway brand. That would be three.at the other end of the scale, and not counting engineering diversions, I guess the lowest number of TOCs since 1997 is 2- most of the south western division of the old southern railway comes into this? South West Trains, now Southwestern Railway.
Also, just to remind some folks. Caledonian Sleeper has existed under 3 different franchises.
Scotrail (National Express)
Scotrail (First group)
Caledonian Sleeper (Serco)
Some of you are only counting it twice
Norton Bridge...?I think it would be one of the stations served only by Chiltern (i.e. everything south of Kings Sutton and east of Oxford on the Chiltern line, except the couple ones where they call at LU stations on the Aylesbury branch). Chiltern have remained the same legal entity and brand since privatisation (although they are on their second franchise now).
Virgin Trains (West Coast) would also count but for the fact there aren't any stations where they are the only calling TOC.
Depends on your definition of served. It hasn't had a train service for many years, but does a bus service count? If so, both LM and WMT operated such a service.Norton Bridge...?
Depends on your definition of served. It hasn't had a train service for many years, but does a bus service count? If so, both LM and WMT operated such a service.
First North Western also ran to Birmingham International.
The south end of that working was London Euston. Northern end was Manchester Airport and Rochdale.Don't remember that one. Was it the cheeky train that I heard was being put on to run from Birmingham Airport to Manchester Airport
The south end of that working was London Euston. Northern end was Manchester Airport and Rochdale.
A 'quick and nasty' summary is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_North_Western.Hi. Can you give me more information on that service please. When did it run etc. I am interested because Wrexham & Shropshire were not allowed to pick up passengers at Wolverhampton, Birmingham New Street and International so did a detour stopping at Tame Bridge Parkway which was good for me because I could drive there much quicker than I could get a bus into Birmingham.
at the other end of the scale, and not counting engineering diversions, I guess the lowest number of TOCs since 1997 is 2- most of the south western division of the old southern railway comes into this? South West Trains, now Southwestern Railway.
The company started as LTS Rail Ltd, that officially changed its name to c2c rail Ltd (same company, different legal name). On refranchising in 2014, there was a fresh company set up, NXET Trains Ltd. This officially became Trenitalia c2c Ltd (same company, different legal name). Thus, the London Tilbury & Southend franchise has had two legal entities using four legal names.I appreciate c2c have changed name and owner a few times but aren't they the same legal entity or have I missed something?
I think you are confusing the FNW London services with the FNW services from North Wales (cl.37 & stock) to Birmingham.The south end of that working was London Euston. Northern end was Manchester Airport and Rochdale.