swt class 450
Guest
- Joined
- 9 Apr 2016
- Messages
- 1,909
What stations have two platforms that serve one track?
I can think of the following ones so far:
National Rail:
• Banbury
• Edinburgh Waverley
• Finsbury Park
• Greenford
• Guildford
• London Euston
• Norwood Junction
• Yeovil Pen Mill
I believe that Ascot and High Wycombe used to but they no longer do as they have since been fenced off.
Heritage Railways:
• Horsted Keynes
London Underground:
• Arnos Grove
• Barking
• Cockfosters
• Golders Green
• Loughton
• Morden
• Stratford
• Uxbridge
• White City
Docklands Light Railway:
• Canary Wharf
• Tower Gateway
Manchester Metrolink:
• Manchester Victoria
At the National Rail stations it seems like the doors are only ever opened on one side. For example at Guildford only the platform 6 side is used but never the platform 7 side. I don't think i have seen any National Rail stations where they will open the doors on both sides.
On the Docklands Light Railway it seems that they always open the doors on both sides. I am not sure about Manchester Metrolink (at Manchester Victoria station).
I am not sure how it works on London Underground? It seems that certain stations will open both sides whilst others will only open one side?
Can anyone think of any other railway stations in the UK which have two platforms that serve one track (and if you could advise which side is used that would be great as well)?
Many thanks.
I can think of the following ones so far:
National Rail:
• Banbury
• Edinburgh Waverley
• Finsbury Park
• Greenford
• Guildford
• London Euston
• Norwood Junction
• Yeovil Pen Mill
I believe that Ascot and High Wycombe used to but they no longer do as they have since been fenced off.
Heritage Railways:
• Horsted Keynes
London Underground:
• Arnos Grove
• Barking
• Cockfosters
• Golders Green
• Loughton
• Morden
• Stratford
• Uxbridge
• White City
Docklands Light Railway:
• Canary Wharf
• Tower Gateway
Manchester Metrolink:
• Manchester Victoria
At the National Rail stations it seems like the doors are only ever opened on one side. For example at Guildford only the platform 6 side is used but never the platform 7 side. I don't think i have seen any National Rail stations where they will open the doors on both sides.
On the Docklands Light Railway it seems that they always open the doors on both sides. I am not sure about Manchester Metrolink (at Manchester Victoria station).
I am not sure how it works on London Underground? It seems that certain stations will open both sides whilst others will only open one side?
Can anyone think of any other railway stations in the UK which have two platforms that serve one track (and if you could advise which side is used that would be great as well)?
Many thanks.
Last edited by a moderator:
