I've been wondering recently - how common is it to get a rail service which calls at one calling point multiple times?
I'm thinking Salisbury - Romsey - Southampton Central - Romsey, which effectively does a loop of Southampton, before terminating somewhere it's already been to.
What doesn't count is a train terminating and then filling a loop. For example, how Southeastern Highspeed trains run from STP to Ramsgate via Dover Priory, terminate, but then (some) continue to run to STP via Medway. This isn't valid since it's technically a new service.
I suppose reversing services could count. E.g. Brighton - Eastbourne - Hastings (or Ore), which call at Hampden Park before and after reversing.
I'm thinking Salisbury - Romsey - Southampton Central - Romsey, which effectively does a loop of Southampton, before terminating somewhere it's already been to.
What doesn't count is a train terminating and then filling a loop. For example, how Southeastern Highspeed trains run from STP to Ramsgate via Dover Priory, terminate, but then (some) continue to run to STP via Medway. This isn't valid since it's technically a new service.
I suppose reversing services could count. E.g. Brighton - Eastbourne - Hastings (or Ore), which call at Hampden Park before and after reversing.