Yeah, change at the B end (for Best perhaps?) or via the footbridge. Don't change via the A end (A for annoying perhaps?!)
A very logical code

It doesn't help that I can never work out what direction anything ever is there.
Yeah, change at the B end (for Best perhaps?) or via the footbridge. Don't change via the A end (A for annoying perhaps?!)

A end is the London/Leeds end. B end is Wolves/Bristol.A very logical code
It doesn't help that I can never work out what direction anything ever is there.
Although the station runs east to west doesn't it. To further add to the confusion.A end is the London/Leeds end. B end is Wolves/Bristol.
It works every time and at stansted you’ll be right next to the lifts to departures which is always significantly quieter than the main escalator/ramp exits.Tends to also work leaving Liverpool Street for Stansted Airport as well.
I've done similar.Not necessarily the quickest, but "pleasant" routes I tend to use from outer bits of London to Euston/Kings Cross:
Feltham/Twickenham/Richmond change at Vauxhall for the Victoria Line (also the quickest). Or change at Richmond for the overground.
Stratford - up to Tottenham Hale, then Victoria Line
If you've got enough time, the 'A' end is always best now, since you can say hello to Ozzy.Yeah, change at the B end (for Best perhaps?) or via the footbridge. Don't change via the A end (A for annoying perhaps?!)
I thought it was an accessibility route, e.g. lifts for people in wheelchairs.
But perhaps it was that but only with staff supervision maybe.
I never used it, so can't fully recall. I always went into the main station to hear the clicking departure boards.
Been down there since, but not pre-refurb.
This also works on 465/0s and /1s (BREL/ABB built), but not on the /2s, /9s or the 466s (MetCam).You can hold down the door open button on sprinters (only personally tested 150, 156 and 158) and the doors will start opening as soon as they're unlocked.
Probably works on a handful of other trains too
Works on LNER Class 800 trains tooThis also works on 465/0s and /1s (BREL/ABB built), but not on the /2s, /9s or the 466s (MetCam).
Do you mean push and hold until door release or push once before a station stop and they’ll open without another interaction?Works on LNER Class 800 trains too
The moment I move there, some people decide to follow, so I only move a few minutes before arrival.At many stations I go by the platform car stop signs to work out where the front door of the train will be. Everyone else crowds round the platform entrance. I get a seat, many of them don't.
YesYou can hold down the door open button on sprinters (only personally tested 150, 156 and 158) and the doors will start opening as soon as they're unlocked.
Probably works on a handful of other trains too
I fool anyone who might be watching by constantly walking up and down the platform (for exercise, to keep warm etc.), timing it so I'm in just the right place exactly when the train arrives.The moment I move there, some people decide to follow, so I only move a few minutes before arrival.
On the other hand, you can catch them out by standing at the 6 when a 3 turns up.![]()

Is that also 801s? And how long to press please?Works on LNER Class 800 trains too
I have found if you board at Oxford road heading to Preston and Scotland the service can be full and standing.Likewise, getting the train from somewhere on the Airport branch if heading towards Preston for example. Avoids the busy Platform 14.
Also, boarding at Manors instead of Newcastle when wanting to travel along the Tyne Valley during the busy hours.
Additionally, stand on the opposite side of the doors to the direction that alighting passengers will to to exit the platform.If joining a huddle to board a train, always stand at the platform edge, parallel to the side of the train, rather than in front of the doors, facing the train.
You get on quicker that way. Something to do with only having other people to one side of you.
Also, you're not in the way of folk trying to get off.
Same between the two Glasgow stations, the minimum connection time is 30 minutes, but a 10 minute conection is absolutely doableIf you are making a journey with a cross-Bradford connection, don't just rely on journey planners, as very often there are unofficial connections that can be easily made if you are able bodied.