Isn't this the one now truncated to just Liverpool/Manchester to Stansted Airport via A14 - I mentioned it much earlier, possibly 350 or 349 ?
There did used to be a 350 Southend to Liverpool service, I don’t think it serves Southend anymore though
Isn't this the one now truncated to just Liverpool/Manchester to Stansted Airport via A14 - I mentioned it much earlier, possibly 350 or 349 ?
Yes, because it now only goes to Stansted.There did used to be a 350 Southend to Liverpool service, I don’t think it serves Southend anymore though
Maybe old Greenline serviced the A10.
You’re probably right. Last time I’ve seen a 350 heading into Ipswich was a year or two ago. Timetables aren’t published as well as they used to be. Found an old 350 from mid 2000’s which ran Clacton - Ipswich - Cambridge - Leicester - Nottingham - LiverpoolIsn't this the one now truncated to just Liverpool/Manchester to Stansted Airport via A14 - I mentioned it much earlier, possibly 350 or 349 ?
You’re probably right. Last time I’ve seen a 350 heading into Ipswich was a year or two ago. Timetables aren’t published as well as they used to be. Found an old 350 from mid 2000’s which ran Clacton - Ipswich - Cambridge - Leicester - Nottingham - Liverpool
I've seen others stop there as wellIm sure i took 592 Glasgow to London, that stopped at Norton Cane.
The M11 Megabus coaches normally always use the M6 Toll. We haven't been told to avoid it due to cost etc. During the night it is quicker to avoid it due to the 2 minutes you lose stopping and starting againHow unusual! Never heard of a scheduled coach service using the toll. It’s about £10-12 for a coach, so quite expensive! I always avoid the toll if I can, instead using the A5.
On the 12:30 London - Aberdeen we serve Birmingham then use the toll to get north as it avoids the rush hour traffic leaving Birmingham on the M6. Bit of a diversion but ultimately quicker and more free flowing. The M6 toll runs like a dreamThe M11 (Glasgow-Manchester-London) megabus service always uses the tollroad [other than those that stop in Birmingham, obviously!]. The toll is recorded by an electronic toll-tag, with a bill sent to the company. The erstwhile Severn Bridge toll used the same technology.
I find the toll a bit of a waste really. It was built to relieve congestion on the M6, but is never used to that purpose. If traffic was divided between the M6 and the toll, the M6 wouldn’t be as busy.On the 12:30 London - Aberdeen we serve Birmingham then use the toll to get north as it avoids the rush hour traffic leaving Birmingham on the M6. Bit of a diversion but ultimately quicker and more free flowing. The M6 toll runs like a dream
Top response! Definitely does seem like a divide. The Vanhool Astromegas we use have adaptive cruise control which tell you the speed and distance of the vehicle in front. I've seen 122mph on the M6 toll but my co driver claims to have seen much higher. It is definitely seen by a fair few as the 'autobahn' it isn't rare at 06:30 in the morn to sit in a traffic jam from just south of the split for the toll road and Junction 6 on to the A38(m) where we come off to serve Brunel StreetI find the toll a bit of a waste really. It was built to relieve congestion on the M6, but is never used to that purpose. If traffic was divided between the M6 and the toll, the M6 wouldn’t be as busy.
On the 12:30 London - Aberdeen we serve Birmingham then use the toll to get north as it avoids the rush hour traffic leaving Birmingham on the M6. Bit of a diversion but ultimately quicker and more free flowing. The M6 toll runs like a dream
We take the A38(m) along the Aston Expressway and then on to the M6 South to J4A then on to the toll road. If there are any issues we will take the A50 as well. I've also seen myself coming off at the Shirley Junction while heading north and traversing into Birmingham the long way (yes, it does get tight when it is school kicking out time with a 50ft coach and luckily no trailer on the back lol)Do you go up A38 to meet toll?
I wonder if going up M1 then A50 is an option to.