Another one of these threads searching for the record most/least of X on a scheduled service... The reason I ask is that in the past I've taken the 06:22 SWT service from Clapham Junction to Woking: the train itself continues unremarkably to Portsmouth Harbour, but the train before it on platform 9 is always the 06:19 to Weymouth (06:12 off Waterloo), which seems to run like a regular stopper to Basingstoke, then continues calling at ALL stations to Weymouth. I make that 43 stations - the station announcements never had a chance in hell of calling all of them before the train had already left (though I had a chuckle at 'Pokesdown for Boscombe' being in a different voice to the others).
Can this number of stops be beaten on the rest of the network? Possibly some stopping service through Devon/Cornwall or a through train in the Scottish Highlands might be close?
Can this number of stops be beaten on the rest of the network? Possibly some stopping service through Devon/Cornwall or a through train in the Scottish Highlands might be close?
the most stops on a service in Northern England. Runs at 1527 M-F and terminates in BIF at 1859.