• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Longest European Journey without changing trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitdiver

Established Member
Joined
22 Jan 2012
Messages
1,290
Location
Warsop Vale
What is the longest Rail Journey that can be undertaken wholly in European without changing trains. Sorry if this is on the wrong area or has been asked before. Any help would be appreciated as I am having a long " Discussion" with my wife,
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Altnabreac

Established Member
Joined
20 Apr 2013
Messages
2,425
Location
Salt & Vinegar

higthomas

Established Member
Joined
27 Nov 2012
Messages
1,229
What is the longest Rail Journey that can be undertaken wholly in European without changing trains. Sorry if this is on the wrong area or has been asked before. Any help would be appreciated as I am having a long " Discussion" with my wife,

What do you count as Europe? Mainly what do you count Russia as?
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,988
Location
Airedale
What do you count as Europe? Mainly what do you count Russia as?

Taking Russia West of the Urals as part of Europe means we can ignore the Trans Siberian etc. The Moscow-Nice must therefore come first as a through train, followed presumably by Moscow-Paris.

However, there are seasonal through coaches Moscow-Burgas and Varna (and Bar) which for political reasons run via Warsaw and Budapest. Journey time 60+ hours.

http://www.vagonweb.cz/razeni/vlak.php?zeme=ZSSK&kategorie=EC&cislo=PKPIC:14002/14003%20(131)|ČD:131|ZSSK:131|START:131&nazev=Varsovia&rok=2016
 

rf_ioliver

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
1,028
Longest I can find for Finland is the Helsinki-Kemijärvi sleeper service:

InterCity 265, dep: 18h52, arr: 8h45, 13 hours 53 mins

I think (seen in another thread) there are longer day-time routes in Germany at least, and of course anything via European Russia

t.

Ian
 

Harbornite

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2016
Messages
3,627
Does anyone know if the Paris-Moscow trains use Berlin hbf, I assume they do. If this is the case, I suspect they use the higher level platforms?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top