py_megapixel
Established Member
On Manchester Metrolink, it's looking like it will be four years or more from completion of the Trafford Park line and the bay platform at Crumspall before the intended Crumpsall-Trafford Centre service starts. I suppose we have the pandemic to thank for that.
What other examples are there of infrastructure enhancements being built with a specific service enhancement in mind, and then there being a much longer time than expected between the infrastructure being complete and the enhanced service starting?
This could be caused for any reason - doesn't have to be COVID-related (I'm sure there will be examples of infrastructure changes going unused because the corresponding rolling stock isn't yet ready, for example)
What other examples are there of infrastructure enhancements being built with a specific service enhancement in mind, and then there being a much longer time than expected between the infrastructure being complete and the enhanced service starting?
This could be caused for any reason - doesn't have to be COVID-related (I'm sure there will be examples of infrastructure changes going unused because the corresponding rolling stock isn't yet ready, for example)