• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: GB lines served by single car trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Joined
3 May 2015
Messages
15,214
Odd Cambridge-Ipswich services are single 153s.

The 0642 ex-Cambridge is one (and the previous train into Cambridge that forms it). The first Ipswich-Cambridge-Ipswich return trip on a Sunday morning (returning off Cambridge 09-something) is also a single 153.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Nov 2011
Messages
13,472
Location
Caerphilly
150 July and August, although on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago in late July it became a single 153. The attached 153 was on 31/7/16

Today I became a coombe junction statistic again


IMG_5826.jpg

That Sunday 153 was a one off due to no 150 available. It was back to 150 the following week.
 
Last edited:

Townsend Hook

Member
Joined
3 Aug 2011
Messages
932
Location
GB
Am I right in remembering a Swindon-Southampton Central service with a 153?
 
Last edited:

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2014
Messages
2,254
Location
Grimsby
The Brigg Line sometimes uses a 153, I've seen it twice now like that.
And no one mentioned Newark Northgate yet.
 

postye

Member
Joined
7 Feb 2013
Messages
898
Location
London
I thought that was a 150/Pacer.
.

Yesterday It was a mixture of 142, 144, 150, 153 and 156.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I thought that was a 150/Pacer.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


If that goes via Melksham, I'm pretty sure that's right.

Doesnt run to Southampton at the moment, most turn at Westbury with a couple going through to Frome
 

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Nov 2011
Messages
13,472
Location
Caerphilly
I thought that was a 150/Pacer.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


If that goes via Melksham, I'm pretty sure that's right.

It was in days off yore, Currently SWT 158 (lease unit) The 1915 Westbury to Southampton and 2125 Southampton to Bristol TM Satudays currently is a 153 running as a Class 9 as a tip to signallers that it cannot use Platform 3 at Salisbury in the Down Direction due to it becoming out of gauge following Engineering Work which Network Rail are supposed to be rectifying. (SOMETIME !!!)
 

KTHV

Member
Joined
23 Aug 2016
Messages
126
I'm a big fan of the Stourbridge Town - Stourbridge Junction Connector

6096181347_f74e30a967_b.jpg
 

martinsh

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Messages
1,766
Location
Considering a move to Memphis
Derby - Crewe probably has the most varied of fleets with 153, 156, 158, 156/158 hybrid, 222 and on at least one occasion an HST.

Good luck with finding anything other than a 153 if you just turn up on the off-chance !

There is a regular 158 working 1742 ex Derby and 1907 return on weekdays. And the most likely strengthening is a 156 replacing a 153 which then doubles up. 222 only if major events, or major (planned) disruption on WCML.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top