• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRIVIA:- Food related bus destinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,957
Location
Devon
There must be plenty of buses that serve cheesy places like - Wensleydale, Leicester, Stilton etc.
Can’t find a bus that serves The South Hams, Eggesford and Chipping Norton though.
 

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Jun 2014
Messages
14,671
Frittenden in Kent sounds like a good place for a fry-up: I don't know whether it has a bus route, though. You could wash it down with Beer.
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,957
Location
Devon
Frittenden in Kent sounds like a good place for a fry-up: I don't know whether it has a bus route, though. You could wash it down with Beer.
Kicking myself that I didn’t think of Beer...
 

InterCity:125

Member
Joined
15 Jul 2018
Messages
352
Location
Bristol
There’s a bus stop in Filton called McDonald’s but that’s just the name of the fast food chain next door...
 

GusB

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2016
Messages
8,177
Location
Elginshire
Are we allowed to include places where a service simply stops, or does the place name specifically have to be shown on the destination blind/screen?

A couple of food related ones:
Arbroath (smokies - yum)
Buckie (periwinkle)
Dundee (cake)
Nairn('s) (oatcakes)

I think I might be pushing it a bit with Huntl(e)y & Palmer...

And I know it specifically says food in the thread title, but if I may be cheeky enough to include a few beverages, there's scope for quite a few more:
Aberlour
Dufftown
Macduff
Tomintoul
 

SUB62

Member
Joined
15 Jul 2017
Messages
25
A few I can think of in Halifax there is Rye Lane and Hopwood Lane. In Leeds Bramley (apples), I'm not sure if you can still get a bus to Boddington Hall for the thirsty students. If they prefer tea so as not to damage their Liversedge they could boil their water in Kettlethorpe. In Bradford there is Buttershaw and Saltaire, though I think that is now just a via point.
 

quarella

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2009
Messages
820
The 126 goes to Wells. via CHEDDAR.

At the moment Cheddar is a destination due to the closure of the A371 at Hayridge with the 126 diverted and shuttle buses operating to cover the gap. Only just realised how appropriate Wells was a food (drink) related destination.
 

quarella

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2009
Messages
820
PORThCAWL- Cawl is a soup, broth or stew depending on where you look.
Dinbych-y-PYSGOD, meaning fortlet of the fish (Tenby).
FISHguard.
PUFFIN shuttle!
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
In Bristol there's also the 43-45 which go to Cadbury Heath.

Then you've got CHIP-ping Sodbury on the South Glos Lynx network.
 

Whiteway215

Established Member
Joined
15 Sep 2015
Messages
2,139
Location
Bath
Codford
Bere Regis
Lyme Regis
Clove-lly
Lambridge (on Bath city service 3/3A)
Appledore
 

quarella

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2009
Messages
820
While not so prevalent now there is also staff transport. Long closed Hales Cakes of Clevedon operated their own fleet of buses. While painted on some vehicles an internet search does show it on a blind.
I used to drive a coach that had "Chivers" on the blind installed by a previous operator. I assume they had a contract with the jelly manufacturers.
 
Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Jun 2014
Messages
14,671
A few I can think of in Halifax there is Rye Lane and Hopwood Lane. In Leeds Bramley (apples), I'm not sure if you can still get a bus to Boddington Hall for the thirsty students. If they prefer tea so as not to damage their Liversedge they could boil their water in Kettlethorpe. In Bradford there is Buttershaw and Saltaire, though I think that is now just a via point.
There used to be a Rye Lane garage in Peck(ish)ham too.
 

DaveHarries

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2011
Messages
2,576
Location
England
Have not seen any mention of Fishguard on here yet. Meanwhile both the buses in my locality serve the Bristol suburb of Shirehampton.

Dave
 

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Jun 2014
Messages
14,671
There's a PEASCOD Street in Windsor, though I don't know whether it sees bus services. I think I might call BINGO with that one:lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top