Deepgreen
Established Member
A partial example - Chessington South 'up' platform - never opened, and was intended for use as part of the Leatherhead extension that WW2 precluded).
A partial example - Chessington South 'up' platform - never opened, and was intended for use as part of the Leatherhead extension that WW2 precluded).
Though if a train "passes through" then something has gone very wrong somewhere!![]()
It looks like the line extends to a a set of points beyond the station to come back on that disused platform. Does anyone know if it still functions/ever gets used? I'd have thought that if it wasn't ever used, the track would have been removed before now!
I frequently turn my phone off if I want some peace and quiet. I'm really not sure why you find that so strange.
First one is "Liverpool St James" and they are talking about reopening the station too. The second one is "Spellow" on the Bootle Branch line which includes the station building still fully intact above the cutting.
