We can say that we are definitely on the homeward stretch of the pandemic now with Operation Rampdown in the pipeline, so I thought it would be a good time to reflect on the good, the bad and the ugly. Seeing as we already have two active fallacy threads on this forum, I thought we made as well have another one for the topic which has probably generated the most fallacies in the past 20 months.
Postings on this can cover anything from the virus itself to vaccines, lockdowns, furlough and disruption to society. Here are some of the more common ones I have heard:
Postings on this can cover anything from the virus itself to vaccines, lockdowns, furlough and disruption to society. Here are some of the more common ones I have heard:
- “Being double jabbed guarantees that you won’t catch the virus”
- “We can afford to lockdown whenever there is a small surge in cases”
- “The government has an infinite pot of money for furlough”
- “Vaccine passports prevent Covid from spreading”
- “Public transport is a breeding ground for the virus”