There would be a public outcry at closure & other stations with even less use. Good luck to any attempts to try.
Can't see it ever closing. Just be good to see the pub reopened.
There would be a public outcry at closure & other stations with even less use. Good luck to any attempts to try.
I'm not advocating it but surely there would be considerable cost savings from closing the whole line from the Junction with the Lowestoft Line towards Great Yarmouth?Apart from a small saving on brake pads and diesel from trains stopping there, I fail to see what benefit closing it would have.
It can't cost much to keep open surely?
I wonder if any investor who attempts to restore and reopen the pub would be able to come to agreement with the TOC to get more trains to call at the station? Do any trains pass through that aren't timetabled to call?
Apart from a small saving on brake pads and diesel from trains stopping there, I fail to see what benefit closing it would have.
It can't cost much to keep open surely?
Disabled access ?
Lighting ?