This is from January but I still remember the tasty food on board!
It's been a while since I have travelled anywhere, and I had a lovely trip with LNER from Inverness to London.
The flight takes about 60 minutes so am usually happy to fly economy, but with the train journey taking 7hrs 55 minutes I decided to treat myself to First Class. Standard class seats on LNER have been referred to as "ironing boards" so I opted to pay the extra for a guaranteed* First class seat, where the seat configuration is 2+1. Seats have charging points and the WiFi was perfectly OK although not super fast.
* you can also buy standard class seats and use SeatFrog to bid for an upgrade, although I didn't fancy taking my chances. As it happens the bid price for the day I travelled was £19!
As usual I will let the pics do the talking.
DATE: Thursday, 19th January 2023.
DEPARTURE FROM INVERNESS: 0755hrs
ARRIVAL AT LONDON KINGS CROSS: 1550hrs (actual: 1547hrs)
FARE: GBP 134.50

On boarding the "Dish" menu was handed out - which disappointed me as I was looking forward to the upgraded "Dine" menu. Thankfully this was an error.

Tea and soft drinks were served within about 10 minutes of departure, and breakfast orders taken.

Orange juice and apple juice, as well as tea and still water were offered.

I ordered the "Full LNER"

This was an excellent breakfast, the perfect way to start the day!
There were frequent tea/coffee runs, and, apart from admiring the lovely scenery, it was soon lunch time!

I ordered the roast chicken.

ike the breakfast, this was a very tasty dish - perfectly cooked and seasoned.
I of course had the Sticky Toffee Pudding, and what it lacked for in looks it made up for in taste.

The price also includes complimentary alcohol, and there was a wide choice. I haven't had Budvar in a long time so jumped at the chance to try it again.
Service continued and I was offered another main meal, which I declined, opting for the vegan sandwich instead.
The staff on board were excellent, and made frequent trips up and down the carriage offering top ups of teas, coffeees or alcoholic drinks.
Arriving at Kings Cross early was the icing on the cake. All in all, a very enjoyable, relaxing journey, avoiding airports which, as I get older, my patience for using has run low!
It's been a while since I have travelled anywhere, and I had a lovely trip with LNER from Inverness to London.
The flight takes about 60 minutes so am usually happy to fly economy, but with the train journey taking 7hrs 55 minutes I decided to treat myself to First Class. Standard class seats on LNER have been referred to as "ironing boards" so I opted to pay the extra for a guaranteed* First class seat, where the seat configuration is 2+1. Seats have charging points and the WiFi was perfectly OK although not super fast.
* you can also buy standard class seats and use SeatFrog to bid for an upgrade, although I didn't fancy taking my chances. As it happens the bid price for the day I travelled was £19!
As usual I will let the pics do the talking.
DATE: Thursday, 19th January 2023.
DEPARTURE FROM INVERNESS: 0755hrs
ARRIVAL AT LONDON KINGS CROSS: 1550hrs (actual: 1547hrs)
FARE: GBP 134.50

On boarding the "Dish" menu was handed out - which disappointed me as I was looking forward to the upgraded "Dine" menu. Thankfully this was an error.

Tea and soft drinks were served within about 10 minutes of departure, and breakfast orders taken.

Orange juice and apple juice, as well as tea and still water were offered.

I ordered the "Full LNER"

This was an excellent breakfast, the perfect way to start the day!
There were frequent tea/coffee runs, and, apart from admiring the lovely scenery, it was soon lunch time!

I ordered the roast chicken.

ike the breakfast, this was a very tasty dish - perfectly cooked and seasoned.
I of course had the Sticky Toffee Pudding, and what it lacked for in looks it made up for in taste.

The price also includes complimentary alcohol, and there was a wide choice. I haven't had Budvar in a long time so jumped at the chance to try it again.
Service continued and I was offered another main meal, which I declined, opting for the vegan sandwich instead.
The staff on board were excellent, and made frequent trips up and down the carriage offering top ups of teas, coffeees or alcoholic drinks.
Arriving at Kings Cross early was the icing on the cake. All in all, a very enjoyable, relaxing journey, avoiding airports which, as I get older, my patience for using has run low!

