I booked some walk up tickets from trip.com and half an hour or so after being issued with the eTickets, I noticed the following notification from Lloyds Bank
Declined: £13.29 at TRIP.COM. The merchant processed this incorrectly. You can talk to them about other ways to pay. Or, use a different payment method.
I use trip.com because I get 4% off for up to 90 journeys in 1 year, by buying a train card for £9.99. I do enough journeys to make it worthwhile.
If I wasn't buying on trip.com, I would be using the ticket vending machine as the tickets I often buy are walk up tickets and the TMV doesn't have a journey planner.
For advanced purchase tickets and split ticking, which is a limited amount of my purchases within a year, I would most likely use the fourm's ticketing site.
I have nothing against split ticketing but for most of my journeys such a thing doesn't exist or it isn't worthwhile if it does, due to additional time commitments.
UPDATE: turns out they bank did accept the payment. Perhaps it didn't initially and they tried again. The banks message didn't seem to suggest that would be an option.
Declined: £13.29 at TRIP.COM. The merchant processed this incorrectly. You can talk to them about other ways to pay. Or, use a different payment method.
I use trip.com because I get 4% off for up to 90 journeys in 1 year, by buying a train card for £9.99. I do enough journeys to make it worthwhile.
If I wasn't buying on trip.com, I would be using the ticket vending machine as the tickets I often buy are walk up tickets and the TMV doesn't have a journey planner.
For advanced purchase tickets and split ticking, which is a limited amount of my purchases within a year, I would most likely use the fourm's ticketing site.
I have nothing against split ticketing but for most of my journeys such a thing doesn't exist or it isn't worthwhile if it does, due to additional time commitments.
UPDATE: turns out they bank did accept the payment. Perhaps it didn't initially and they tried again. The banks message didn't seem to suggest that would be an option.
Last edited: