I need to travel from London to Birmingham, then 1 week later, from Birmingham to Manchester followed (on the same day) by Manchester to London. All journeys will be at a weekend, and I'd prefer flexible tickets.
So far the best I can find is an Off-Peak Return (route: Any Permitted) from London to Manchester (£94.50), which is valid via Birmingham, plus an Off-Peak Single from Birmingham to Manchester (£40.60), for a total of £135.10.
A cheaper option would be Off Peak Returns London-Birmingham and Birmingham-Manchester for a total of £101.60 but this involves returning via Birmingham which adds at least another hour to the journey. There might be savings to be had with Super Off Peak fares or Chiltern/LNR this way though.
Is it possible to do any better than this, ideally without having to return via Birmingham?
So far the best I can find is an Off-Peak Return (route: Any Permitted) from London to Manchester (£94.50), which is valid via Birmingham, plus an Off-Peak Single from Birmingham to Manchester (£40.60), for a total of £135.10.
A cheaper option would be Off Peak Returns London-Birmingham and Birmingham-Manchester for a total of £101.60 but this involves returning via Birmingham which adds at least another hour to the journey. There might be savings to be had with Super Off Peak fares or Chiltern/LNR this way though.
Is it possible to do any better than this, ideally without having to return via Birmingham?