• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelling without ticket on c2c

Status
Not open for further replies.

soareagle

New Member
Joined
29 Nov 2017
Messages
2
Hi

I must admit I've been silly and did not purchase a ticket travelling from Westcliff to West ham on c2c. My first time doing it and was stopped by a lady with caution. She taken my details and said to wait for a letter from them. Does this mean I will be going to court? I'm now worry that my career may be at risk due to my stupidity!

Soareagle
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Aug 2011
Messages
33,716
Location
Scotland
Does this mean I will be going to court? I'm now worry that my career may be at risk due to my stupidity!
Not necessarily. They may be willing to resolve the matter without it going to court. Typically you would need to make a payment that covers the fare evaded plus a decent portion of any costs they've incurred. When you get the letter you'll have a better idea of your next steps.
 

soareagle

New Member
Joined
29 Nov 2017
Messages
2
Najab

Thanks for your reply,

Do you know how long does it usually takes for them to reply? Just started to get panic on this case. I'm rather tied on money this month and taken the risk not to pay for a ticket was a Big MISTAKE and landed myself in trouble totally regretted it! :(
 

najaB

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Aug 2011
Messages
33,716
Location
Scotland
Do you know how long does it usually takes for them to reply?
Up to about four weeks is typical, all depends on the caseload which I imagine would be higher at this time of year (there are more people making shopping trips, going to parties, etc.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top