• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelling to and From Reading??

Status
Not open for further replies.

whufc666

Member
Joined
17 Nov 2014
Messages
5
Hi guys,

I need to travel from New Eltham (London Zone 5) to Reading station at about 10am on Monday 24th November.

About 3pm the same day, I then need to go from Reading station to Mornington Crescent (Northern Line), and then to return to Reading at about 11pm.

Just wondering how I can make these 3 journeys as cheap as possible!

Many thanks in advance for your help :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
Because you cannot do these journeys on one return ticket, I think your best bet is a Thames Branches Day Ranger (£12.55), plus Oyster PAYG in London.

Your Oyster will cap at £5.10 as that is the cap after 0930 for Zones 1-4, provided that you have loaded your Railcard discount entitlement onto it.

If you do not have an Oyster PAYG card, an Off-Peak Day Travelcard is £5.90 with your Railcard after 1000.
 

whufc666

Member
Joined
17 Nov 2014
Messages
5
Brilliant, that's about the price I was hoping to pay :)

Do you know if I will be able to buy the Day Ranger ticket from Paddington station on the day or do I need to purchase in advance?
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
You can buy it on the day.

New Eltham is in Zone 4 btw, hence my earlier comment that your Oyster will be capped at the Zones 1-4 rate.
 

whufc666

Member
Joined
17 Nov 2014
Messages
5
You can buy it on the day.

New Eltham is in Zone 4 btw, hence my earlier comment that your Oyster will be capped at the Zones 1-4 rate.

Oh yeah, always get confused as the next stop (which I use just as frequently) is Sidcup which is Zone 5 :roll:

Thanks for your help!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top