MadCommuter
Member
- Joined
- 4 Oct 2010
- Messages
- 736
I posted a similar query a few years but after searching I can't find the thread and my daughter is now 12 which seems to change things. She has her own contactless debit card if that helps.
I'm looking for the easiest and cheapest option for travel in and around London for a week in October. I have looked at the Oyster Visitor card but we will be arriving at Gatwick which means (I think) I can't add my daughter on there.
I will be traveling with my wife as well and our itinerary is below.
Sunday. Arrive Gatwick and we need to get to Waterloo for our hotel. Possibly some zone 1 travel after we arrive.
Monday. Me and my daughter only, day trip to Chessington South likely in peak both ways. Wife sightseeing zone 1.
Tuesday and Wednesday. All 3 of us zone 1 together.
Thursday. Daytime zone 1. Then evening peak to Gatwick.
Any suggestions welcome as I haven't travelled in London since Oyster and contactless became a thing. Thanks for any help given.
I'm looking for the easiest and cheapest option for travel in and around London for a week in October. I have looked at the Oyster Visitor card but we will be arriving at Gatwick which means (I think) I can't add my daughter on there.
I will be traveling with my wife as well and our itinerary is below.
Sunday. Arrive Gatwick and we need to get to Waterloo for our hotel. Possibly some zone 1 travel after we arrive.
Monday. Me and my daughter only, day trip to Chessington South likely in peak both ways. Wife sightseeing zone 1.
Tuesday and Wednesday. All 3 of us zone 1 together.
Thursday. Daytime zone 1. Then evening peak to Gatwick.
Any suggestions welcome as I haven't travelled in London since Oyster and contactless became a thing. Thanks for any help given.