• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelling from Peterborough on 16th February...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomp94

Member
Joined
9 May 2019
Messages
200
Good morning everyone,

Advice please...

I am travelling to Peterborough on Friday 14th February, and returning on Sunday 16th February from Durrington on Sea (Worthing) with LNER from London.
The outward journey is not a problem, I can purchase an advance ticket.
The return, however, is a problem. I believe there are some engineering works on the ECML or nearby, and the number of trains between Peterborough and London are reduced. On the LNER journey planner the 16th train timetable is yet to be confirmed, with no date for the timings to be confirmed.

I don't want to fork out an expensive flexible ticket unless I really have to. I can buy an advance ticket to get there (only 3 left) but then would have to pay the expensive one way to get back.
I don't know if advance tickets will go on sale for the 16th, I've tried booking for other Sunday's in January (just to see availability) and they don't have any advance tickets either.
My travel arrangements are not usually left to the last minute!

On Real Time Trains, there seems to be some trains loaded into the 16th from Peterborough to London.

Does anyone on here have an insider knowledge as to if/when the advance tickets for the 16th would go on sale?

What would you do?

Wait, or buy the expensive ticket?

Thanks!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,981
Location
Airedale
As the expensive ticket must be an Off-peak of some sort, it doesn't need to be bought in advance, so wait.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
It's not quite that simple as the Super Off Peak Return is £80.40 and the Super Off Peak Single is £79.40.

The OP could purchase an Advance ticket for the outward journey with an online Super Off Peak Single for £40.20. This version of the Super Off Peak Single has to be purchased at the same time with a ticket in the other direction.
 

Tomp94

Member
Joined
9 May 2019
Messages
200
I have gambled on advance fares being available for the 16th, as I have purchased the advance ticket for the outward journey on the 14th...there was only one left.


So it goes without saying that no advance fares will be available on the 16th.
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,824
Still no idea when tickets for 16th will be released. It won't be before 17th Jan.
 

Tomp94

Member
Joined
9 May 2019
Messages
200
Ok thanks.
I have found a cheaper one way split ticket at around £23.... ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top