• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelling from Glasgow on an EC ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianTheLion

Member
Joined
14 Dec 2011
Messages
117
Location
Port Glasgow
Im travelling from Glasgow to Kings Cross on the 27th December.

I have an EC & Connections ticket.

I will be travelling into Glasgow Central on a local train. Is there anything stopping me taking a train from Central via Shotts instead of walking across the city to Queen Street with my luggage?

I vaguely remember the last time I did something similar I got a very funny look from the onboard staff.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
I believe that ScotRail permit the use of any of their four Glasgow - Edinburgh routes on such a ticket. You will probably get funny looks from staff because Shotts and Carstairs take longer than the other two by a fair margin, especially if you were on a Shotts stopper, but it is still nonetheless valid iirc.

We have plenty of ScotRail staff here so I am sure one of them will confirm my claims (hopefully).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top