I'm in London on the 11th March, and will be going from Kings Cross/St. Pancras to Waterloo for a train to Lymington. I have had a look at the options for tickets, and I can get advance tickets for SWT from Waterloo. That leaves me with the Tube between the terminals.
I could get an off-peak day Travelcard for £5.60 (can't get a railcard discount for this), or I could get a Visitor Oyster card.
I'll be doing only two journeys, so Oyster works out cheaper. However to get a Visitor Oyster I have to pay £12.
1) Do I get any money back that I do not use on the Oyster?
2) Do I get the £2 'fee' back?
3) If I do not get the money back that I have not used, how long is this allowed to stay on the card (so I can use it in the future)?
4) I have a YP railcard, where can I get this loaded onto the Oyster? Can I do it as I buy the visitor card on the TfL site or will I have to do this seperately?
Many thanks for your help!
I could get an off-peak day Travelcard for £5.60 (can't get a railcard discount for this), or I could get a Visitor Oyster card.
I'll be doing only two journeys, so Oyster works out cheaper. However to get a Visitor Oyster I have to pay £12.
1) Do I get any money back that I do not use on the Oyster?
2) Do I get the £2 'fee' back?
3) If I do not get the money back that I have not used, how long is this allowed to stay on the card (so I can use it in the future)?
4) I have a YP railcard, where can I get this loaded onto the Oyster? Can I do it as I buy the visitor card on the TfL site or will I have to do this seperately?
Many thanks for your help!
