I was caught without a 16-25 railcard commuting from Stevenage to London King's Cross. I understand what I was doing was wrong but did not understand the severity of it! It was a terrible error of judgement on my part and I cannot justify my actions. Please understand that this is out of character for me, and I'm asking for advice on what I should do. I had recently lost my railcard before it expired and I didn't have a picture of it on my phone, I had looked everywhere for it. instead of buying a new railcard immediately as I should have. I thought to continue buying the 16-25 ticket (my awful reasoning being that it was still valid and I had already paid for it). it only when the officer told me and when I looked online I realised the severity of my actions. The officer told me to contact rail company within 14 days with a valid railcard and that the rail company will send a letter to prosecute. Since I did not have the railcard I searched my entire house and managed to find the original receipt for when I bought the ticket and it was only then that I realised that the railcard had expired a week ago! I had thought that it was valid till June-July and I was planning to buy a new one soon I am absolutely shocked and I hate myself for this dumb decision. I don't mind paying any fines as I understand what I did was wrong but I don't want a criminal record on my name as fear it'll ruin my future!!
I don't know what to do or who to talk to please can someone advice.
I don't know what to do or who to talk to please can someone advice.