Evening all,
First post here - but I know the advice you guys can give is usually pretty thorough and for once I need it!
I'm starting a new job on August 22nd in Cheshunt - I havent yet decided where I'll be living, but want to weigh up travel prices.
One possibility is close to Snaresbrook Central Line, so I'd travel daily via Stratford. Theres plenty of places online that will direct you towards National Rail's season ticket price calculator and TfL's list of period Travelcard fares - but nowhere seems to explicitly show the prices for the combined journey from outside Greater London to the TfL Zones. Any idea what kind of price I'd be looking at for this journey over 12 months?
The other possibility I'm looking at to live is close to Bush Hill Park station on the Enfield Town branch of the Lea Valley Lines. The annual season from there is an incredible £1,100 for a 5 mile journey - yet from Enfield Lock, a similar distance from Cheshunt, its a more reasonable £612. Any ideas why its almost double the price for that combination of stations? I'd noticed the first journey of the day in the journey planner routes you via Seven Sisters and Tottenham Hale, so would it be that a Bush Hill Park to Cheshunt season is always valid via that route?
Otherwise, any idea's on how those kinds of prices could be reduced with trickery and splitting etc?
Thanks a lot if anyone can help out!
First post here - but I know the advice you guys can give is usually pretty thorough and for once I need it!
I'm starting a new job on August 22nd in Cheshunt - I havent yet decided where I'll be living, but want to weigh up travel prices.
One possibility is close to Snaresbrook Central Line, so I'd travel daily via Stratford. Theres plenty of places online that will direct you towards National Rail's season ticket price calculator and TfL's list of period Travelcard fares - but nowhere seems to explicitly show the prices for the combined journey from outside Greater London to the TfL Zones. Any idea what kind of price I'd be looking at for this journey over 12 months?
The other possibility I'm looking at to live is close to Bush Hill Park station on the Enfield Town branch of the Lea Valley Lines. The annual season from there is an incredible £1,100 for a 5 mile journey - yet from Enfield Lock, a similar distance from Cheshunt, its a more reasonable £612. Any ideas why its almost double the price for that combination of stations? I'd noticed the first journey of the day in the journey planner routes you via Seven Sisters and Tottenham Hale, so would it be that a Bush Hill Park to Cheshunt season is always valid via that route?
Otherwise, any idea's on how those kinds of prices could be reduced with trickery and splitting etc?
Thanks a lot if anyone can help out!