• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travel in Budapest

Status
Not open for further replies.

fowler9

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2013
Messages
8,380
Location
Liverpool
Hey folks, just after a bit of advice if anyone can help. I've been to Budapest before but for the life of me I cannot remember how long journies took. How long to get the blue line from Deak Ferenc Ter to Kobanya-Kispest and then the bus to the Airport? Just a rough figure would be appreciated.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Glenmutchkin

Member
Joined
14 Dec 2011
Messages
617
Location
Scotland
We've done that trip twice in the last three years and I'm pretty certain that it took just less than an hour each time. Both times we left the city mid-morning
 
Last edited:

bradford758

Member
Joined
26 May 2016
Messages
226
Quick look on Google maps gives 50' for the whole journey.

Sent from my 4009X using Tapatalk
 

WestCoast

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,665
Location
South Yorkshire
I did it about six weeks ago, it took about 50 minutes early on a Friday morning and about an hour in the evening peak on Tuesday. I got a bit lost at Kobanya-Kispest in both directions, I don't find it clear at all between the bus and metro, but maybe it's just me...:lol:
 

bradford758

Member
Joined
26 May 2016
Messages
226
I actually caught a train from a station in Budapest to Kőbánya-Kispest, and had a bit of a walk to the bus station on the other side.
There are signs directing you to the correct stand.

Sent from my 4009X using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:

fowler9

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2013
Messages
8,380
Location
Liverpool
Thanks for the advice folks. Much appreciated.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
You were bang on with 50 mins to an hour by the way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top