• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trap doors at Haywards Heath station on platform 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

On Moderation
Joined
27 Feb 2011
Messages
13,453
Hi there

On platform 1 at Haywards Heath station there are 2 wooden trap doors. Does anyone know what is below them? Although I like seeing old things around, I find them an odd sight. I always feel a pub should be located right next to them.

Kind regards
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

infobleep

On Moderation
Joined
27 Feb 2011
Messages
13,453
Yes. I'll try and remember to take a photo when I'm next passing through the station this week and attach it here next weekend, which is probably when I'll next get time to do so.

I always have a camera with me in case I see anything interesting or something interesting happens.
 

asylumxl

Established Member
Joined
12 Feb 2009
Messages
4,260
Location
Hiding in your shadow
I'd imagine it might be have electrical equipment underneath. Could be for signalling equipment or 3rd rail related equipment.

I believe LU has similar setups on LU stations.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top