• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales Rovers - Price Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,293
That's for the Ffestiniog Round Robin ticket, not for the Heart of Wales circular ticket. Unless I'm missing something.
You're not. My mistake! Didn't know you could get off-route extensions for the Heart of Wales circular ticket. If you wanted to board at, say, Shrewsbury, you'd just buy the appropriate ticket from Liverpool, Crewe, Manchester or wherever, in addition to the one day (or two day) Heart of Wales Circular Ranger ticket.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flying Snail

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2006
Messages
2,048
I understand that the Explore Wales Pass also used to be valid on Cardiff Bus, but there is no mention of this on the TfW website so presumably it is no longer valid on their buses either.

The TfW website does mention that Explore Wales is now valid on Traws Cymru buses but for the Explore Cambrian Day Ranger it only mentions this on the map showing its area of validity.

AIUI Traws Cymru is basically the bus arm of TfW.
It's more accurate to say it is valid on SOME Traws Cymru buses.

Full network: https://images-transportforwales.passenger-website.com/2024-05/TfW_Bus_Network_Map-WEB.pdf

Explore Wales: https://tfw.wales/sites/default/files/2024-07/Explore-Wales-V4_ENG-2024.pdf
 

glenbogle

Member
Joined
11 Aug 2011
Messages
258
The tickets already were valid on Traws Cymru buses.
Here is a reply to an email I sent in January 2019 about bus validity.

Thank you for your email. Yes, the Explore Wales Passes are valid on all TrawsCymru bus services. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Ymgynghorydd Gofal Cwsmer
TrawsCymru Customer Service

T: 0300 200 22 33
E: feedback@trawscymru.info
www.trawscymru.info
 

nanstallon

Member
Joined
18 Dec 2015
Messages
1,063
I decided this summer to visit North Wales, using the Wales Rover 4 days in 8 to get from Newport to Porthmadog and back, then use the Rover to travel around on the two 'spare' days. Then a friend said he wanted to go, but by car, and did I want to join forces. I'm glad I did, when I look at the price increases. It was less expensive even than at the old prices, and of course gave flexibility.

If TfW are serious about wanting tourist business (maybe they are not), they need to be competitive on price. I ended up travelling on the Ffestiniog, Welsh Highland, Talyllyn and Vale of Rheidol steam lines, and just did one TfW service (Blaenau Ffestiniog to Llandudno), on a new class 197 unit, which was very pleasant and treasonable value at £10.20. But a car gave the necessary flexibility for travelling between lines at a much lower cost.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top