• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport error on Christmas Day EastEnders

Status
Not open for further replies.

317 forever

Established Member
Joined
21 Aug 2010
Messages
3,290
Location
North West
I don't often watch EastEnders but I did watch the Christmas Day special. I noticed an error when Max and Stacey were saying goodbye at London City Airport. Quite apart from the airport probably not being open then, I twice saw buses there. Even if the airport was open, the buses would not have been running on Christmas Day in practice!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
It's important that you don't allow this Christams lapse to become a regular occurrence. Eastenders often contains errors and mistakes, and is best avoided.
 

deltic1989

Established Member
Joined
21 Sep 2010
Messages
1,483
Location
Nottingham
There was also the fact that Stacy seemed to be on a plane when Max arrived back in the square 5 mins after dropping her off, none of the 3 hour check-ins in soapland then.
 

Oracle

Established Member
Joined
19 May 2006
Messages
1,410
Location
Near Ashurst New Forest Station
There was a famous comment once that got to the 'powers that be' that no-one was watching Neighbours in Walford! Subsequently in one episode the theme tune was heard playing in a tv in a living room!
 

richw

Veteran Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
11,528
Location
Liskeard
somewhere someone commented on the time of year before, and the producers said that the show is not in real time, and just because its a public holiday etc in real life it isnt there, it also explains why the set was covered in snow in may last year!
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,294
Well you can't expect them to predict the future weather? :lol:
 

wintonian

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2010
Messages
4,889
Location
Hampshire
somewhere someone commented on the time of year before, and the producers said that the show is not in real time, and just because its a public holiday etc in real life it isnt there, it also explains why the set was covered in snow in may last year!

In that case why do they seem to have Christmas and new Years at the same time as the rest of us every year?
 

starrymarkb

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
5,985
Location
Exeter
I don't often watch EastEnders but I did watch the Christmas Day special. I noticed an error when Max and Stacey were saying goodbye at London City Airport. Quite apart from the airport probably not being open then, I twice saw buses there. Even if the airport was open, the buses would not have been running on Christmas Day in practice!

remember that it isn't shot live, so on the October day they shot the scenes the buses would have been running. I suspect it would annoy far more actual transport users then the odd transport geek to suspend the service while they film to satisfy the odd pedantic buff
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
Oh, I don't know about Stacey, but Whitney, well, I think she is very pretty!

Don;t watch it myself of couse, Mrs G has the weekend omnibus on regularly though!
 

43021HST

Established Member
Joined
11 Sep 2008
Messages
1,565
Location
Taunton
I hate Eastenders for the pure fact that a lot of the viewers take it WAY to seriously.
I think the reason why people watch soaps is that there own lives are so boring that they have got to watch someone elses for entertainment.
 

wintonian

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2010
Messages
4,889
Location
Hampshire
I hate Eastenders for the pure fact that a lot of the viewers take it WAY to seriously.
I think the reason why people watch soaps is that there own lives are so boring that they have got to watch someone elses for entertainment.

That will eaxplain reality TV as well then!
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,294
I watch Eastenders :)

I don't know how people could sit through stuff like Big Brother though!
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
I will give Eastenders one point of credit: It does at least make it a little easier to understand the Cockney dialect [or should that be language? :D] when you have the subtitles on, and you can pick out the words the locals are saying.

Oh wait, that's not a good thing :lol:
 

TrainBrain185

Member
Joined
2 Jun 2009
Messages
310
Location
County Durham
I watch it for the witty and intellectual banter between housemates...

:lol:
Big Brother? Full of lobotomised 16th-Wits. Glad its gone and it be stayed gone. Next? Eastenders, Coronation St, Hollyoaks Emmerdale and whatever other brain dead soap insult to TV.

Its a very very sad state of affairs why people watch such absolute drivvel.

Classic Comedy for me. Be happy, live happy.:lol::p:):D;)
 

43021HST

Established Member
Joined
11 Sep 2008
Messages
1,565
Location
Taunton
That will eaxplain reality TV as well then!

It explains most modern TV that is not re-runs
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Big Brother? Full of lobotomised 16th-Wits. Glad its gone and it be stayed gone. Next? Eastenders, Coronation St, Hollyoaks Emmerdale and whatever other brain dead soap insult to TV.

Its a very very sad state of affairs why people watch such absolute drivvel.

Classic Comedy for me. Be happy, live happy.:lol::p:):D;)

I agree with you there I would prefer steptoe and son, compared to to britains fattest teenager or some B******S like that.
 

Zoe

Established Member
Joined
22 Aug 2008
Messages
5,905
Eastenders is not very realistic. Last year Phil smashed a bottle of whiskey on the floor the the Vic, struck a match and it went up like petrol.
 

wintonian

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2010
Messages
4,889
Location
Hampshire
Eastenders is not very realistic. Last year Phil smashed a bottle of whiskey on the floor the the Vic, struck a match and it went up like petrol.

Being Grunts brother that most likely what was in it.
 

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
13,773
Location
Yorkshire
Ah so there must be another one then?

Not that I care. :)

It suggests there may have been at one time - may not be extant though.

I don't watch it - I do catch a bit from time to time. I tend to find it unremittingly depressing.
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,853
Location
Oakham
TV in general is pretty poor on things like this.

Didn't Aidensfield manage to retain a full steam service long after 1968 ( working forwards from the timescale of the first series )?:lol:
 

Drsatan

Established Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
1,887
Location
Land of the Sprinters
Eastenders is not very realistic. Last year Phil smashed a bottle of whiskey on the floor the the Vic, struck a match and it went up like petrol.

No soap opera is. I'd say The Only Way is Essex is far worse. I watched it for about 5 minutes before turning my TV off in disgust.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
No soap opera is. I'd say The Only Way is Essex is far worse. I watched it for about 5 minutes before turning my TV off in disgust.

Essex may be bad but if what I've heard of that thing is anything to go by Eastenders looks like a pretty accurate rendition of life in Southend!

As for Walford East, it is implied that it replaces Bromley-by-Bow, as is sometimes visible on District Line maps. However, both West Ham and Bow Road are correct, so there is no obvious Walford West. And anyway, just because a station has a suffix, it doesn't mean it is not alone. Is there a Mill Hill West anywhere?
 

wintonian

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2010
Messages
4,889
Location
Hampshire
Essex may be bad but if what I've heard of that thing is anything to go by Eastenders looks like a pretty accurate rendition of life in Southend!

As for Walford East, it is implied that it replaces Bromley-by-Bow, as is sometimes visible on District Line maps. However, both West Ham and Bow Road are correct, so there is no obvious Walford West. And anyway, just because a station has a suffix, it doesn't mean it is not alone. Is there a Mill Hill West anywhere?

No but there is a Mill Hill Broadway.

<looks for coat>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top