James92182
Member
Congrats! Im still waiting for either a rejection or an invitation for Preston, got my fingers crossed!Preston update - had an invitation to assessment centre this morning
Congrats! Im still waiting for either a rejection or an invitation for Preston, got my fingers crossed!Preston update - had an invitation to assessment centre this morning
Had an invitation to assessment centre this morning too PrestonPreston update - had an invitation to assessment centre this morning
Well done! Seems like the invites are being done per depot.Preston update - had an invitation to assessment centre this morning
Fingers crossed it’s still the 5, as I also applied to LNER last year and they were 5 years. Also, when checking with LNER, they accepted my results using their ‘enhanced’ mark so I can’t imagine it would be too dissimilar to TPE. Again, fingers crossed!Last I heard TPE was 3 years rather than 5, idk if that's still the case though. Also when you say enhanced, did you sit for TPE? Because there's no one enhanced standard, each TOC can set their own so you could meet a differnt enhanced standard without meeting TPEs
It stated 3 on the ad, unfortunately. Same boat for meJust received invite for assessment centre also. Newcastle based.
However I did pass my psychometric assessments to enhanced standard less than 5 years ago. Can anyone shed light on whether transpennine stick to the 5-year validity rule like LNER and other TOCs do?
Are you sure on this. I just got the original job spec up from the careers portal and can’t see anything mentioned at all but I could be wrong.It stated 3 on the ad, unfortunately. Same boat for me
Maybe I'm wrong, I'm sure I've seen it somewhereI got the invite to for Piccadilly.
Are you sure on this. I just got the original job spec up from the careers portal and can’t see anything mentioned at all but I could be wrong.
Thanks for the kind words and advice! Had some technical issues with the speed and accuracy test so I was fully expecting this outcome! I will continue to monitor. Don’t see a guard as lowering standards either but driver is the dream for most of us! Best of luck to those who are going for assessment centre.So @Colly103 if I was you, I would just keep applying for these trainee driver roles. You don't need to lower your standards. But you do need to understand it's an extremely competitive process, and can be frustrating at times. But all worth it in the end if you get job ofcourse. Just apply, apply, apply.
Mine are 4 years old now that’s the only reason I ask.Maybe I'm wrong, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere
Mine are 4 years old now that’s the only reason I ask.
I definitely don't see a guard as lowering standards. In-fact, if there is a TOC you absolutely would love to work for then it may very well be worth just getting a foot in the door with them, and then trying to progress internally. However I do agree, becoming a driver is the dream - best of luck for the future mate!Thanks for the kind words and advice! Had some technical issues with the speed and accuracy test so I was fully expecting this outcome! I will continue to monitor. Don’t see a guard as lowering standards either but driver is the dream for most of us! Best of luck to those who are going for assessment centre.
Any idea how it would work when the stage 1 is over 3 years and stage 2 under.Transpennine only accept test results for 3 years.
Same to you buddy. It’s frustrating that you don’t get any indication on how you did on the initial test but I will definitely be trying again. Note to self… next time ensure I have a wired mouse and not one that loses its blue tooth connection mid test! All the best for the future!I definitely don't see a guard as lowering standards. In-fact, if there is a TOC you absolutely would love to work for then it may very well be worth just getting a foot in the door with them, and then trying to progress internally. However I do agree, becoming a driver is the dream - best of luck for the future mate!
And best of luck to all of those attending the assessments!
You’ll just re sit the tests that have expiredAny idea how it would work when the stage 1 is over 3 years and stage 2 under.
Thank you. I believe I need to get higher on the two hand test in stage 2 so hoping I will only have to do that one again.You’ll just re sit the tests that have expired
That is what is confusing me. I thought you could resit to meet the enhanced standard.You have a life remaining for the national standard, but it sounds like you unfortunately didn't meet the TPE standard on that second attempt
Ah that’s a shame. I never knew that was rule. I thought if you were given the opportunity there were no limits to how many times you got could achieve national standard. (Within reason of course)Only if you haven't already had 2 fails if you first sat before last December. Because you've been unsuccessful twice to the TPE standard you won't be able to proceed with them unfortunately
That is a shame I never knew that. I am a signaller so it’s not the end of the world but an unwelcome surprise anyway.For a national standard company that is the case, and with TPE you keep sitting if you keep meeting their standard. Hopefully you can progress with a different TOC
Ahh that's sucks, sorry to hear that. Personally I don't think that rule should be like that - you've failed once, not twice. It shouldn't be a fail to not hit anyone's enhanced standard scores IMO.That is a shame I never knew that. I am a signaller so it’s not the end of the world but an unwelcome surprise anyway.
I appreciate your help though
Completely caught me surprise but what can you do.Ahh that's sucks, sorry to hear that. Personally I don't think that rule should be like that - you've failed once, not twice. It shouldn't be a fail to not hit anyone's enhanced standard scores IMO.
Not that my opinion means jack