• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine Route Upgrade and Electrification updates

D6130

Established Member
Joined
12 Jan 2021
Messages
9,114
Location
West Yorkshire/Tuscany
Does anyone know if there's much else to do at Batley on the Up, Manchester bound side? I visited for the first time in a while today and there seems to be a lot of works materials etc there just for installing the overheads and finishing off the footbridge. I know there's no plans for the speculated on loop, but I wondered if there could be anything happening access-wise, which has never been good from the East for as long as I've known it despite an old access road to Grange Road, and is currently a bit worse off with a footpath directly to the station from Back Station Road blocked by the footbridge work?
I've noticed that the Jo Cox memorial garden has been removed from the Down platform and replaced by a couple of containers. Hopefully this is just a temporary measure and it will be reinstated at the end of the works.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ballyheigue

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2025
Messages
346
Location
Leeds
Not sure if this has been mentioned in another thread, but the 144 Pacer where the men's shed used to be at Huddersfield Station appears to have been cut up on site.
 

Top