I got an irregularity report on the train today for 2 things
- The ticket I had was for an earlier train
- My railcard had expired
There were reasons why I did this which I know aren’t relevant unless this goes to court so I won’t bother explaining. I was just wandering though for these 2 offences am I likely to be double fined or potentially be prosecuted?
For context, I have booked tickets on Trainline before with my expired railcard however these were with different operators and with small insignificant amount of money (like less than £5 journeys). I’ve also never been fined on national rail services before.
- The ticket I had was for an earlier train
- My railcard had expired
There were reasons why I did this which I know aren’t relevant unless this goes to court so I won’t bother explaining. I was just wandering though for these 2 offences am I likely to be double fined or potentially be prosecuted?
For context, I have booked tickets on Trainline before with my expired railcard however these were with different operators and with small insignificant amount of money (like less than £5 journeys). I’ve also never been fined on national rail services before.




