• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine Express - Advance tickets - refunds refused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruff77

New Member
Joined
3 Sep 2019
Messages
2
Location
Fareham
I'd appreciate it if anyone has any experience of getting Transpennine Express to refund unused Advance tickets to eVouchers, as is their current policy (due to change later this year). I've submitted 6 such claims this month and they've all been refused due to "insufficient information".

All tickets were bought via the TPE website - 6 Advance tickets in total, bought as ticket on departure, covering an outward and return journey in a single booking. I decided I couldn't make the journey and never actually collected the tickets. I submitted all 6 claims online on 1 July (actual outward journey date was 13 July). Today (14 July) I got the emails telling me the claims were rejected.

At the moment I can't figure out what I did wrong. I didn't collect the tickets so I only have the booking code plus the dates, journey details, price details. The online form didn't give me the option of putting in anything else.

Has anyone had this issue with TPE and can anyone advise where I or they might have gone wrong? As far as I can tell from their website, I should have got the refunds and I never would have bought the tickets in the first place if I thought this would be a problem.

If it matters (I can't see anything telling me that it should) all 6 tickets were for travel on XC services not TPE.

I have submitted a query with them but I got an automated response telling me they may take up to 4 weeks to reply.

Many thanks!

Update: TPE are now asking me (via twitter) to print out the physical tickets via ToD and send scans to them.

As I won't be able to get to a station until the weekend, can anyone reassure me that ToD will actually work for a ticket whose travel date has already passed? (i.e. I rock up to a station on July 17th, enter the booking reference on the TVM and it will happily print out tickets with a date of travel of July 13th)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top