• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainy McTrainface lives on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewE

Established Member
Joined
9 Nov 2015
Messages
7,367
I've searched the forum and can't find this referred to anywhere, but see
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...y-mcboatface-legacy-lives-on-in-swedish-train
It’s happened again. A public vote to name four trains running between the Swedish cities of Stockholm and Gothenburg has resulted in one of the four being called Trainy McTrainface in an echo of the name chosen by the British public for the new polar research vessel.

Trainy McTrainface received 49% of the votes in a poll, jointly run by Swedish rail company MTR Express and Swedish newspaper Metro.

That placed it well ahead the other three options: Hakan, Miriam and Poseidon.

How did we miss this? (if we did, and it's not just my cr*p searching)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,960
Location
Devon
Well I think I missed it as well, so for what it’s worth, the juxtaposition of the names Hakan, Miriam and Poseidon with ‘Trainy McTrainface’ still appeals to my slightly silly sense of humour.
I may get bored of the joke at some point though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top