Vexed
Member
While looking at fares between St Albans City (SAC) and Canary Wharf EL (CWX) I spotted this oddity. If you go on TrainSplit and click on cheap, a £20.00 fare will appear changing at London Bridge (LBG). Putting the LBG change aside, this is offered as an eTicket even though the journey planner suggests the tube between LBG and CWX. This is issued to zones 1-2. https://trainsplit.com/results?From...1:00&InboundDate=19/04/2023&InboundTime=13:00
I can't find this ticket on brfares - it's £20.40 https://www.brfares.com/!faredetail...ert=on&flow=0&multi=0&fare=3&rte=1000&tkt=CDR.
On the timeline view this £20.40 ticket is available. I can also get the £20.40 from other retailers.
Is the £20.00 eTicket ome sort of ghost ticket that shouldn't be sold, let alone as an eTicket? Perhaps it's from before the recent fare rises and as it's not in the RCS fulfilment database so TS assumes it's eticketable? (I have no idea how RCS works to know if that last point is possible)
Now looking back at that LBG change (for this I assume the £20.00 fare is invalid). The obvious option would be to change at Farringdon (ZFD) but TrainSplit only offers the £20.40 day return to zones 1-2 going via LBG. For ZFD if offers a £22.00 day Travelcard. Thameslink offers the £20.40 changing at ZFD. Is there any reason why TS won't offer the £20.40 changing at ZFD?
I can't find this ticket on brfares - it's £20.40 https://www.brfares.com/!faredetail...ert=on&flow=0&multi=0&fare=3&rte=1000&tkt=CDR.
On the timeline view this £20.40 ticket is available. I can also get the £20.40 from other retailers.
Is the £20.00 eTicket ome sort of ghost ticket that shouldn't be sold, let alone as an eTicket? Perhaps it's from before the recent fare rises and as it's not in the RCS fulfilment database so TS assumes it's eticketable? (I have no idea how RCS works to know if that last point is possible)
Now looking back at that LBG change (for this I assume the £20.00 fare is invalid). The obvious option would be to change at Farringdon (ZFD) but TrainSplit only offers the £20.40 day return to zones 1-2 going via LBG. For ZFD if offers a £22.00 day Travelcard. Thameslink offers the £20.40 changing at ZFD. Is there any reason why TS won't offer the £20.40 changing at ZFD?