• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trains you're currently travelling on

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
Here's another idea I was thinking about this morning on board XC's 220027 (see my sig below) for a further way to increase unit spotting.

How many people are currently travelling on a train as we speak?

Although potentially rather stalker-ish, by doing this, we can see where all our forum members are travelling too and also those who would like certain gen can work out the diagrams for the rest of the day!

Could this take off?

Techniquest, AndrewR232, Strathclyder and PHILIPE, I have a feeling (or at least I hope!) that this thread may interest you!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Very much of interest to me, just happened to see this before shutting the app down for a bit!

Currently in 153371, it working with 170514, on the 0849 Hereford to Birmingham New Street. Going the full way, and in a red shirt so if you're on this working come and say hello!

FWIW, this pair should be off to Tyseley after arrival at New Street.

EDIT: My next move is expected to be the 1055 Birmingham Moor Street to London Marylebone, only as far as Solihull mind. I'll post again later when I have more to report :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Now in coach E, right by 67013 at the back of the train, on the 1055 Moor Street to London Marylebone. Come and say hi if you're on it before I alight at Solihull!
 
Last edited:

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
Just on 378217 arriving into Euston from Watford Junction.

Been out on LM 321s this morning, then clearing some LU stuff this afternoon.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Not far off Wolverhampton in 158838 on the 1308 Birmingham International to Holyhead,alighting at WVH for what should be a winner 350 on the 1234 Liverpool Lime Street to Birmingham New Street

EDIT: Confirmed as being on 350242 on the 1234 from Liverpool. In the middle coach with FC in it
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
In coach F of 390148 on 1450 New Street to Euston now :)
 
Last edited:

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Some trains don't have free wifi so I will Just post the last train I traveled on.
390137 14:50 Birmingham International-Rugby on 14th March 2014.
Haven't traveled since. Should be going Didcot Parkway-London Paddington on Thursday so I will try to post from that.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
I'm just leaving Gospel Oak on 172006 bound for Barking.

Please tell me if you see 172007 on route.
It's my last winner of the London Overground class 172s
 

Bob Ames

Member
Joined
25 May 2013
Messages
108
Location
Wigan
Love this idea! For my last journey, I'm just going to list the inbound working because a) I know people are interested in the new 350 workings, and b) I had a serious problem on the return journey which required TM intervention - I was so distracted that I didn't get the unit number! :)
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
AndrewR232:1739810 said:
In coach F of 390148 on 1450 New Street to Euston now :)

Busy service?

Not really no :)

Just done 390042 on 1520 BHI-EUS, now on 390011 on 1443 Euston-Edinburgh and next a trio of ATW 158s on 1608 off International to catch up with an old friend, as far as Wolverhampton :)

EDIT: Confirmed as being on 158835+158820+158819 on 1608 Birmingham International to Aberystwyth as far as Wolverhampton :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Next up, 1604 Liverpool Lime Street to Birmingham New Street from Wolverhampton to New Street
 
Last edited:

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
Please tell me if you see 172007 on route.
It's my last winner of the London Overground class 172s

172007 was out in service - we passed it at a Blackhorse Road I think.

Just on the 1906 at King's Cross bound for Lincoln - used the footbridge in so no idea which powercars we've got tonight!
 

AndrewR232

Member
Joined
6 Feb 2014
Messages
569
Location
Near Glasgow
I'm still on 170431. It's stuck between Springburn and Stepps after hitting something on the line. We've not moved for at least 35 minutes.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
I wish! I know I posted on this thread a lot yesterday, was on a full day out after all! Unless I'm missing something?

I'll be posting from it anyway, but next train will be either the 0840 or 0940 Hereford to New Street on Saturday :)
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,392
166212 on the 1818 Reigate to Reading with no contribution to the tractive effort coming from carriage 58612.
 

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
Just sat on 376025 waiting to leave Hayes - heading to Elmers End and then on to Croydon.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just managed a 1 minute connection at Twickenham on to 458531 :)

Quite happy with that result!
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
On the 0840 Hereford to Birmingham New Street currently,in the second coach of 170515 (514 on the rear). Come and say hi if anyone's on it :)
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Harsh :(

Now on 350118 working the 1133 New Street to Euston. If anyone's on it, feel free to find me in the front coach. Blue shirt on today and I'm on this for the entire journey :)

Not expecting to be posting too many times later as A) I'll be too busy to do so and B) We'll be on page 7 by the end of the day otherwise! If you see me about though (I star in my avatar so no excuses for not recognising me :p) say hi!
 

185143

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2013
Messages
5,369
I'm currently on the delayed 13:27 from Manchester P to Newcastle. I'm in Coach C seat 04. Feel free to come and say hello!
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
As expected, been way too busy to update this with all my journeys! However I will be on the 2121 from Purley to London Bridge for the insect leap to Purley Oaks!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A frightfully busy 3 days, so many trains I've been on! Now in the front coach of 350120 on 1449 London Euston-Birmingham New Street. Feel free to come and find me in my navy shirt if you're on it, I'll be on it all the way :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top