crucible72
Member
- Joined
- 5 Nov 2016
- Messages
- 49
Today I had a ticket booked from Pinhoe to Didcot Parkway (anytime single) and another
ticket for a later journey from Didcot Parkway to Bristol Temple Meads (super off-peak single).
I had planned to travel out from Pinhoe on the 10:35 (changing at either Westbury or Basingstoke),
however this and subsequent trains were cancelled as the track was flooded around Crewkerne.
I am planning on trying the journey again tomorrow (05/12), and I am wondering what I can expect to happen.
Both my tickets are only valid today (04/12) but, according to an incident report on the national rail
website, (see below), unused tickets on this line dated today can be used tomorrow. What I am
not sure of, however, is whether this applies to just this line or whether I can still use my Pinhoe
to Didcot Parkway ticket after I have changed at Westbury or Basingstoke. Does anyone know?
Also, what about the ticket for my second journey from Didcot to Bristol? Do I stand any chance of this being
accepted tomorrow, given the major disruption I experienced today? I have tried contacting the
retailer from which I purchased this ticket to request that it be changed from today to tomorrow,
but as of yet, this has not happened.
I have never found myself in a situation like this before so I'm hoping there will be
some more experienced travellers on here who will be able to advise me on what to do.
Thanks in advance.
www.nationalrail.co.uk
ticket for a later journey from Didcot Parkway to Bristol Temple Meads (super off-peak single).
I had planned to travel out from Pinhoe on the 10:35 (changing at either Westbury or Basingstoke),
however this and subsequent trains were cancelled as the track was flooded around Crewkerne.
I am planning on trying the journey again tomorrow (05/12), and I am wondering what I can expect to happen.
Both my tickets are only valid today (04/12) but, according to an incident report on the national rail
website, (see below), unused tickets on this line dated today can be used tomorrow. What I am
not sure of, however, is whether this applies to just this line or whether I can still use my Pinhoe
to Didcot Parkway ticket after I have changed at Westbury or Basingstoke. Does anyone know?
Also, what about the ticket for my second journey from Didcot to Bristol? Do I stand any chance of this being
accepted tomorrow, given the major disruption I experienced today? I have tried contacting the
retailer from which I purchased this ticket to request that it be changed from today to tomorrow,
but as of yet, this has not happened.
I have never found myself in a situation like this before so I'm hoping there will be
some more experienced travellers on here who will be able to advise me on what to do.
Thanks in advance.
Incident: Pinhoe | National Rail
Major disruption between Salisbury and Exeter St Davids. Find details of all current incidents on National Rail Enquiries.