• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainline cheapest fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
How does the trainline work out its cheapest fairs?

This question on behalf of someone else.. as an aside I thought trainline wasn't the best place to go?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bengley

Established Member
Joined
18 May 2008
Messages
1,987
thetrainline makes fares no cheaper than using a competing site such as East Coast.

It does however make it more expensive by charging a booking fee!
 

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
Trainline does not work out any fares. It sells tickets for the TOCs as an agecy and charges a booking fee. Most (if not all) of the TOCs have their own website where you can buy all of the tickets sold by the Trainline at the same price. (In certain cases TOCs sell their own tickets even cheaper).

Peter
 

Flamingo

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2010
Messages
6,806
Plus, I've charged up too many people on Advanced tickets who said "But when I rang the Trainline back to ask if I could travel on a different train they said yes" for it to be a coincidence (I usually charge them and tell them to take it up with the Trainline).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top