• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers (Talent Bank) - Avanti - Multiple Locations (02/10/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nb2001uk

Member
Joined
14 Jul 2020
Messages
254
Location
London, Greater London
Today isn’t over yet.
Yeah maybe it's pulled automatically by the system at 23:59

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Yeah maybe it's pulled automatically by the system at 23:59
But they would have closed it sooner if they reached capacity and given how popular the position is and it being AWC, I'm surprised its not already gone. Been live since early hours
 

WizCastro197

Established Member
Joined
12 May 2022
Messages
1,468
Location
Reigate
Yeah maybe it's pulled automatically by the system at 23:59

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


But they would have closed it sooner if they reached capacity and given how popular the position is and it being AWC, I'm surprised its not already gone. Been live since early hours
Being AWC at the moment I am not surprised it hasn’t gone already.
 

WizCastro197

Established Member
Joined
12 May 2022
Messages
1,468
Location
Reigate
Considering that Avanti has said that training could take up to 2 years, will trainees be trained on the new 80x? Considering they should enter service either next year or 2024?
 

Sorcerer

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2022
Messages
2,212
Location
Liverpool
Considering that Avanti has said that training could take up to 2 years, will trainees be trained on the new 80x? Considering they should enter service either next year or 2024?
I imagine so, especially seeing as it's a talent bank and lines up with when the new trains are introduced. If successful though I'll be more keen on the Pendolinos but I imagine applicants will trained to work both.
 

IFeelTheNeed

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2022
Messages
113
Location
UK
As someone already in a talent pool for another TOC I will have to say S0D THAT to jeopardising it by taking a CBI.
I'm thinking the same thing now. Right after applying!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Surprised its still open. Opening/Closing date is today or sooner than that if they get enough applications
No, closing date is 9th October or sooner when they receive sufficient applications.
 

Sorcerer

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2022
Messages
2,212
Location
Liverpool
No, closing date is 9th October or sooner when they receive sufficient applications.
The job application itself says that for external applicants it will only be live for the 2nd October. The 9th date could be for internal applicants, but that's just me guessing.
 

D Rivers

Member
Joined
26 Nov 2019
Messages
225
Location
Manchester
It’s gone! I hope nobody saw it! Hahaha

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Just a thought if you’re in a talent pool for another TOC (like I am and others are) you’ve already passed everything for that TOC. If you do this and take the CBI would the original really look again at your OPC records?? I’m thinking not. On their records you’ve already passed.
 

REO Nate

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2021
Messages
278
Location
Up Front
It’s gone! I hope nobody saw it! Hahaha

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Just a thought if you’re in a talent pool for another TOC (like I am and others are) you’ve already passed everything for that TOC. If you do this and take the CBI would the original really look again at your OPC records?? I’m thinking not. On their records you’ve already passed.

I would imagine they would check to make sure they are still in date and correct for the date you start.

I’m definitely not going to run the risk and find out the hard way. o_O
 

IFeelTheNeed

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2022
Messages
113
Location
UK
The job application itself says that for external applicants it will only be live for the 2nd October. The 9th date could be for internal applicants, but that's just me guessing.
Oops. My friends are going to kill me. I think I shared the link with them just before midnight. lol

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Nope, the job is still up.
 
Last edited:

Sparrowman

Member
Joined
30 May 2020
Messages
34
Location
Manchester
Is there any likelihood of trainee positions opening up at the Wolverhampton depot?

I ask as originally the advert was for Euston and Liverpool but was then extended to Manchester.
 

Sorcerer

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2022
Messages
2,212
Location
Liverpool
So I had a confirmation email last night that my application was received. Hopefully in a few days they'll ask me to do a few assessment tests, because honestly I'd much rather not become a driver through failure to meet the standards rather than not have the chance. But with that said, does anyone know if the assessments use logical reasoning tests and what the criteria is for them, because I'm kind of hit and miss. Some of them I do well and score highly but some others and I fail quite badly. I know that I might seem like a chess player whose planning three moves ahead when he's only just put his pawns on the table, but I want to be properly prepared as much as I can. As for Group Bourdon, I understand the criteria there is kind of a secret and that it's better to be accurate with less mistakes than it is to complete the whole paper.
 

BlueMike26

Member
Joined
25 Sep 2021
Messages
117
Location
Glossop
Applied for Manchester, though there wasn't really much to the application! Fingers crossed anyway, and good luck people.
 

dereksingh291

Repeatedly returning banned member
Joined
14 Jul 2020
Messages
409
Location
Birmingham
Considering that it's a talent pool and given Avanti's driver shortage at the present time, I do wonder how many vacancies they're actually advertising for. As for the early 2023 recruitment, I do imagine it will probably be for the other depots, but we'll have to wait and see. I'm hoping despite my somewhat indistinctive application form that I at least get to the test phases, because honestly I'd much rather fail than not get the chance.
What depots will they be recruiting for the early 2023 recruitment?
 

Sorcerer

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2022
Messages
2,212
Location
Liverpool
What depots will they be recruiting for the early 2023 recruitment?
They didn't specify unfortunately, but I imagine maybe Wolverhampton might be looking for more since it's hard for them to get internal applicants and it will have been a full year since they last did trainee positions in that depot, but I can't know for sure sadly. They did say an early 2023 recruitment campaign but I have a feeling that they might not actually go looking for more Liverpool drivers anytime soon seeing as it's quite a small depot. This is just a matter of wait and see though.
 

dereksingh291

Repeatedly returning banned member
Joined
14 Jul 2020
Messages
409
Location
Birmingham
How many drivers are based at Liverpool?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

They didn't specify unfortunately, but I imagine maybe Wolverhampton might be looking for more since it's hard for them to get internal applicants and it will have been a full year since they last did trainee positions in that depot, but I can't know for sure sadly. They did say an early 2023 recruitment campaign but I have a feeling that they might not actually go looking for more Liverpool drivers anytime soon seeing as it's quite a small depot. This is just a matter of wait and see though.
How many drivers are based at Liverpool?
 

Sorcerer

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2022
Messages
2,212
Location
Liverpool
How many drivers are based at Liverpool?
I don't know unfortunately.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

So based on the dates of the posts in the thread relating to the Wolverhampton trainee positions back in January, I expect that an email for the OPC assessment will be sent out by either tomorrow the 6th or Friday the 7th which would be three or four working days after the application. I hope that's the case and I hope that I pass the assessment. Will post updates accordingly though.
 
Last edited:

Bigsej

Member
Joined
5 Oct 2022
Messages
73
Location
London
Has anyone that applied received any further communication other than the application confirmation yet?

thanks.
 

IFeelTheNeed

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2022
Messages
113
Location
UK
Has anyone that applied received any further communication other than the application confirmation yet?

thanks.
The railway world moves very slowly. I'd be very surprised if anyone had heard anything other than the confirmation so far.
 

Sorcerer

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2022
Messages
2,212
Location
Liverpool
I expect tomorrow would be the earliest anyone would hear back, but seeing as it was for three different depots it could take longer. Either way until I start hearing about other people getting emails while I don't then I won't really worry about not making the grade just yet.
 

Kelki

On Moderation
Joined
25 Feb 2021
Messages
145
Location
London
Not sure about that because takes at least 18 months from application to qualified and the deadline is 6 months for Avanti to 'shape up'
They may simply want to show they are making steps towards increasing the number of available drivers. It will all count under review exactly what they've done within those 6 months to make a change.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top