• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train driver ( rail freight company) - Group Assessment Day, Advice please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essex Boy

Member
Joined
30 May 2018
Messages
5
Hello to all at this great website .

I have applied for a Trainee Train Driver role with a well known rail frieght company.
I have been selected to attend a group assessment day ( 12noon - 14.30 )

My question to you all is what should I expect whilst being assessed on that day?
I have researched the company fully including information on there locomotives and rolling stock what else would you advise me to prepare myself for?

The company says if I am successfull in getting through the group assessment I will then be asked to undertake psychometric testing.

Any guidance and advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks to all.

G.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy79

Member
Joined
23 Nov 2017
Messages
26
Have you got a link to the my cv website as struggling to find it? Thanks
 

Whi

Member
Joined
1 Jun 2018
Messages
13
Hi, I'm at the same.
I'm unsure as to what to expect also, seeing as its only for 2.5 hours in not a full psychometric test, letter only says group assessment session. Prepared for anything, but would like to narrow down possibilities
 

Essex Boy

Member
Joined
30 May 2018
Messages
5
Hi, I'm at the same.
I'm unsure as to what to expect also, seeing as its only for 2.5 hours in not a full psychometric test, letter only says group assessment session. Prepared for anything, but would like to narrow down possibilities
Yes indeed, so probably we will be assessed based on various group tasks within those hours. Seems there's no heads-up info here at all.
G.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top