gbell
Member
I'm happy to see there are others in a similar position to me. I passed my medical on 17th October and haven't heard an update since then. Has anyone else had an update on when they will be starting?
When did you do your last lot of tests?I’ve had an email from the OPC today - I had passed all the online tests and was waiting to go to Nexus for the final round of tests. Email today basically says the current courses are all full and my details will be kept in the talent pool for 12 months. If anything comes up in that time I might be contacted. Applications were done on a first come first served basis, which is annoying as I was working the night shift when I got the email with the last round of tests so left it a full week so I wasn’t too tired when doing them. Feeling a little bit flat after todays email and can’t help but feel it could’ve been handled better.
They are looking at drawing up a plan in regards to training. I guess people will be asked to do a medical near when they are due to start their training. Nexus have also said that they will email us all with an update when this plan has been completedAnyone have contact details for Nexus? Passed the tests in October and I've heard nothing about the medical. I'm pretty concerned as others seem to have been for theirs but I've heard nothing
Ok thank you. I honestly don't understand how they plan this as some people were at the same point as me and have had their medicals but I've heard nothing. Just very worrying tbh.They are looking at drawing up a plan in regards to training. I guess people will be asked to do a medical near when they are due to start their training. Nexus have also said that they will email us all with an update when this plan has been completed
I passed all the tests in early/mid october but yet to hear anything from Nexus. Think we just have to wait for available courses, hopefully sooner rather than later!Ok thank you. I honestly don't understand how they plan this as some people were at the same point as me and have had their medicals but I've heard nothing. Just very worrying tbh.
I think it's more to do with the new trains due to arrive and training current and new staff on themOk thank you. I honestly don't understand how they plan this as some people were at the same point as me and have had their medicals but I've heard nothing. Just very worrying tbh.
I'm assuming they've done it in order of when you applied and did the tests. I've done my medical but I must have been one of the last to do it. As much as I'd love to be starting soon or have started already etc it's going to be a case of waiting for this email that magpiepotts mentioned.Ok thank you. I honestly don't understand how they plan this as some people were at the same point as me and have had their medicals but I've heard nothing. Just very worrying tbh.
Yea that’s what I’m thinking. Reading through the info on here there’s people who passed their final tests mid September who have had medicals early/mid October with no start. Then people who finished their tests mid October. I’m sure there’s a lot going on at the min with the new trains and getting the metro flow finished (I see it’s been extended a week.) As was mentioned previously I’m sure we will all be cursing our Friday night late shift soon enough haha !I'm assuming they've done it in order of when you applied and did the tests. I've done my medical but I must have been one of the last to do it. As much as I'd love to be starting soon or have started already etc it's going to be a case of waiting for this email that magpiepotts mentioned.
Absolutely guttedAnyone else had an email today?
Yeah me too mate. Just got to hope eventually it comes through.Absolutely gutted
How many of you had medicals?3 of us at my Workplace passed everything. One of us has a start date for January. The other has just got that email this morning and i have not heard anything since the final Email from the Opc congratulating me and handing me on to Nexus. We both feel absolutely deflated now.
Yes it was definitely getting and passing the medical for me also. Waited 11 month for a new work van and it came just after I passed medical, so I cancelled it thinking I won’t need it by hopefully early next year. You live and learn haha.
How many of you had medicals?
I’ve not received one either mate. Have you had a medical yet or are you in the same boat as me?I've not received an email today
I've not had a medical yet no. Think that possibly those who have had a medical have had the emailI’ve not received one either mate. Have you had a medical yet or are you in the same boat as me?