• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee T&W Metro Driver Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

magpiepotts

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2019
Messages
178
Location
Gateshead
I've emailed them and reply was that we are pretty much in a talent pool until there is available training schools. Well once a medical has been passed that is
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

magpiepotts

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2019
Messages
178
Location
Gateshead
Hopefully not a long wait mate
Hopefully not buddy. Good thing to take from it is that once the medical has been passed it is a pretty sure thing that a job is there waiting. However it could be weeks months or years. However I still will be moving up if nothing ha sharpened in a couple of years anyway so even though you support the wrong team we can still meet up and have a few bevvies

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Also in an email from Rebecca she states that training school runs for 6 months but training course can overlap if the need is required
 

CarlG

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2022
Messages
34
Location
Darlington
Was that the number ending 606 mate? I tried a good few times to get hold of her and left a voicemail in the end but still haven't heard anything.
That's the one yeah, took me a couple of attempts to be fair

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

@magpiepotts if you drop me a message il send you the phone number rather than sharing it on here mate.

Also just in general, this is completely theory but it has crossed my mind.
With the new fleet of trains, coming in next summer, does anybody reckon that they could be holding off to get us trained once the new trains are operational?
Rather than training us on the old trains then having to retrain on the new ones straight after?

Purely just theory but could have some substance to it? What does everyone think?
 

magpiepotts

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2019
Messages
178
Location
Gateshead
That's the one yeah, took me a couple of attempts to be fair

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

@magpiepotts if you drop me a message il send you the phone number rather than sharing it on here mate.

Also just in general, this is completely theory but it has crossed my mind.
With the new fleet of trains, coming in next summer, does anybody reckon that they could be holding off to get us trained once the new trains are operational?
Rather than training us on the old trains then having to retrain on the new ones straight after?

Purely just theory but could have some substance to it? What does everyone think?
I've emailed Rebecca now buddy and have had replies so it's all ok buddy. I personally think that they would want an easy transition from a service point of view so it would make sense to have drivers ready for the new fleet. I would also imagine that not all of the trains would arrive in one go so the new starters could perhaps be coached in the new trains whilst some.of the old fleet is still in operation
 

CarlG

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2022
Messages
34
Location
Darlington
I've emailed Rebecca now buddy and have had replies so it's all ok buddy. I personally think that they would want an easy transition from a service point of view so it would make sense to have drivers ready for the new fleet. I would also imagine that not all of the trains would arrive in one go so the new starters could perhaps be coached in the new trains whilst some.of the old fleet is still in operation
Ok no worries, just wasn't sure about sharing it publicly on here, as its a mobile number that's all.

Yeah that was my train of thought. No pun intended haha.
Would love to start ASAP really but would make sense.
 

magpiepotts

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2019
Messages
178
Location
Gateshead
Ok no worries, just wasn't sure about sharing it publicly on here, as its a mobile number that's all.

Yeah that was my train of thought. No pun intended haha.
Would love to start ASAP really but would make sense.
Yeah I completely understand buddy.
Hopefully it won't be too much of a wait
 

StuM

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2020
Messages
72
Location
Sunderland
That's the one yeah, took me a couple of attempts to be fair

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

@magpiepotts if you drop me a message il send you the phone number rather than sharing it on here mate.

Also just in general, this is completely theory but it has crossed my mind.
With the new fleet of trains, coming in next summer, does anybody reckon that they could be holding off to get us trained once the new trains are operational?
Rather than training us on the old trains then having to retrain on the new ones straight after?

Purely just theory but could have some substance to it? What does everyone think?
Cheers mate, appreciate it.
 

bones

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2022
Messages
7
Location
Tyneside
Anyone had a call about a medical recently? Got the 'psychometrics passed' email three weeks ago, but heard nothing since.
 

magpiepotts

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2019
Messages
178
Location
Gateshead
Anyone had a call about a medical recently? Got the 'psychometrics passed' email three weeks ago, but heard nothing since.
Think we are all on a talent pool until required to go to training school. Think calls for medicals may be done prior to going to training school.
 

northeast10

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2020
Messages
147
Location
newcastle
Anybody who's passed the medical had a start date yet?
I emailed for confirmation last week that I had passed medical. I found out on day from the lady doing it that everything was ok but had nothing through in writing. In a talent pool until needed for a training course.
 

Sand Dancer

Member
Joined
14 Nov 2022
Messages
28
Location
South Shields
I passed all the tests on 18 October and was told Nexus would be in touch but haven't heard anything from Nexus. Does that sound right? Is it a case of waiting for them to contact me about a medical or is it worth emailing Nexus to follow up? I'm desperate to start in January 2023 if possible and don't want to miss out
 

StuM

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2020
Messages
72
Location
Sunderland
I passed all the tests on 18 October and was told Nexus would be in touch but haven't heard anything from Nexus. Does that sound right? Is it a case of waiting for them to contact me about a medical or is it worth emailing Nexus to follow up? I'm desperate to start in January 2023 if possible and don't want to miss out
Hi mate, I managed to speak to Rebecca at Nexus again today for an update and basically, they are planning the courses for the next 2 years and everyone who has passed is in a talent pool and will be placed on a 'school' as and when they start. They may put everyone through the medicals early so that phase is all done but it's basically a case of wait for them to sort there side out and they will then send out an update email to everyone.

As for November and January courses, they are full and she didn't mention when the next date would be.
 

Sand Dancer

Member
Joined
14 Nov 2022
Messages
28
Location
South Shields
Hi mate, I managed to speak to Rebecca at Nexus again today for an update and basically, they are planning the courses for the next 2 years and everyone who has passed is in a talent pool and will be placed on a 'school' as and when they start. They may put everyone through the medicals early so that phase is all done but it's basically a case of wait for them to sort there side out and they will then send out an update email to everyone.

As for November and January courses, they are full and she didn't mention when the next date would be.
Thanks very much for that. At least it manages expectations. Gutted I've missed out on the January date but will just have to try to be patient!
 

northeast10

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2020
Messages
147
Location
newcastle
Hi mate, I managed to speak to Rebecca at Nexus again today for an update and basically, they are planning the courses for the next 2 years and everyone who has passed is in a talent pool and will be placed on a 'school' as and when they start. They may put everyone through the medicals early so that phase is all done but it's basically a case of wait for them to sort there side out and they will then send out an update email to everyone.

As for November and January courses, they are full and she didn't mention when the next date would be.
Wonder if the November and January courses are internal also? I know there will be lots of people applied and passed but would have maybe been expected 1/2 from here to be on jan course, especially that there’s quite a few passed medicals for a while now.

I’m trying to put it to the back of my mind. Quite hard though when I go running down the quayside and see the metros going over the bridge haha.
 

StuM

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2020
Messages
72
Location
Sunderland
Wonder if the November and January courses are internal also? I know there will be lots of people applied and passed but would have maybe been expected 1/2 from here to be on jan course, especially that there’s quite a few passed medicals for a while now.

I’m trying to put it to the back of my mind. Quite hard though when I go running down the quayside and see the metros going over the bridge haha.
Yeah I would assume those 2 intakes will be mostly internal candidates, especially as you say no one from here has been put on one of them. I know theirs not too many of us on here but I would think their is enough posting for at least one of us to have squeezed through.
 

IsambardK

On Moderation
Joined
2 Sep 2022
Messages
50
I do know someone who wasn't internal that started on the October intake I think it was. I was hoping for the January intake took but what can we do :| just have to wait.
 

CarlG

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2022
Messages
34
Location
Darlington
I'm not internal and have been offered a place on the January course!
Just waiting for the official paper work to come through
 

Stev

Member
Joined
17 Aug 2022
Messages
11
Location
Hebburn
I’ve had an email from the OPC today - I had passed all the online tests and was waiting to go to Nexus for the final round of tests. Email today basically says the current courses are all full and my details will be kept in the talent pool for 12 months. If anything comes up in that time I might be contacted. Applications were done on a first come first served basis, which is annoying as I was working the night shift when I got the email with the last round of tests so left it a full week so I wasn’t too tired when doing them. Feeling a little bit flat after todays email and can’t help but feel it could’ve been handled better.
 

StuM

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2020
Messages
72
Location
Sunderland
I'm not internal and have been offered a place on the January course!
Just waiting for the official paper work to come through
Congrats mate, chuffed for you and it's good to see people on this group start to move forward. Keep us all updated with how it goes, and we can look forward to following you.
 

CarlG

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2022
Messages
34
Location
Darlington
Thanks lads! Im over the moon yeah, wanted this for a very long time and so happy the hard works finally payed off.
Would of been nice to see others in here on the same course.

I got offered it by email last Tuesday and emailed back accepting, like I say I'm awaiting the paper work to come through now to make it official.

For those asking I set my computer/mmi tests around mid September had my medical first week of October.
 

IsambardK

On Moderation
Joined
2 Sep 2022
Messages
50
Thanks lads! Im over the moon yeah, wanted this for a very long time and so happy the hard works finally payed off.
Would of been nice to see others in here on the same course.

I got offered it by email last Tuesday and emailed back accepting, like I say I'm awaiting the paper work to come through now to make it official.

For those asking I set my computer/mmi tests around mid September had my medical first week of October.
Congrats mate well done. Did they check your references before the job offer or during?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top