• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee T&W Metro Driver Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlG

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2022
Messages
34
Location
Darlington
I feel in limbo tbh. Nothing to say I've "got the job" and I'm just waiting for a start date etc. Just waiting to be told about future intake. No idea if that's going to be next month or January etc or could I still be waiting 5 years.

I've passed everything and the medical but at this point I'm guessing the next step.
This is exactly how I feel, without anything in black and white it still seems a little uncertain doesn't it.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

StuM

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2020
Messages
72
Location
Sunderland
Just had confirmation to say I have passed mmi. Over the moon.
Happy days mate. Just a little wait for the phone call from Rebecca for that medical now :D

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Has anyone who has already passed the medical been contacted about a start date yet? Rebecca said to me that they will be looking to get them out ASAP due to people's notice period...
 
Last edited:

magpiepotts

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2019
Messages
178
Location
Gateshead
Congratulations mate. Massive sigh of relief I bet !
It sure was

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Happy days mate. Just a little wait for the phone call from Rebecca for that medical now :D

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Has anyone who has already passed the medical been contacted about a start date yet? Rebecca said to me that they will be looking to get them out ASAP due to people's notice period...

Happy days mate. Just a little wait for the phone call from Rebecca for that medical now :D

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Has anyone who has already passed the medical been contacted about a start date yet? Rebecca said to me that they will be looking to get them out ASAP due to people's notice period...
Seems like we have all been on this long journey together and hopefully sometime down the line we can put names to faces
 

northeast10

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2020
Messages
147
Location
newcastle
Happy days mate. Just a little wait for the phone call from Rebecca for that medical now :D

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Has anyone who has already passed the medical been contacted about a start date yet? Rebecca said to me that they will be looking to get them out ASAP due to people's notice period...
Nope not heard anything. Im pretty chilled as can’t start til new year at earliest anyways. My only sticking point is my notice period has changed from the one I put on my initial application. The initial notice would have seen me ok for the November course if that’s the date but I’m self employed so had to take on a new project in September to see me to Xmas. As I mentioned previously just hope this isn’t counted against me.
 

IsambardK

On Moderation
Joined
2 Sep 2022
Messages
50
No I've heard nothing yet but ideally I'd like to start as soon as. Or at least be given a date I can look forward too.
 

IsambardK

On Moderation
Joined
2 Sep 2022
Messages
50
No nothing yet. Passed everything including the medical. Just waiting for a start date.
 

StuM

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2020
Messages
72
Location
Sunderland
Seems to have ground to a halt. I tried ringing Rebecca back a few times to let her know I'll be home early from offshore so could do my medical earlier but got no answer, so left a voice message in the end but still not heard back.
 

magpiepotts

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2019
Messages
178
Location
Gateshead
Seems to have ground to a halt. I tried ringing Rebecca back a few times to let her know I'll be home early from offshore so could do my medical earlier but got no answer, so left a voice message in the end but still not heard back.
From what I've learnt from working on the railways there can be a long wait between assessments and starting training. Perhaps they are getting the first lot through the door and then medicals for the next lot might be done nearer the time in which they want the next lot of training to start. On a positive note it's nice knowing that there is new friends to be made in the near future
 

StuM

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2020
Messages
72
Location
Sunderland
From what I've learnt from working on the railways there can be a long wait between assessments and starting training. Perhaps they are getting the first lot through the door and then medicals for the next lot might be done nearer the time in which they want the next lot of training to start. On a positive note it's nice knowing that there is new friends to be made in the near future
Yeah good point mate, they likely won't dish out medicals to people who may not start for another 12 months or so.

Still surprised no one off here has heard about a start date though. I know it's only a small amount of people on this group but I would have expected 1 or 2 to have heard. Ah well, Volvictof has said we will all start at some point so that's good and we know our hard work will pay off as long as we pass the medical.
 

magpiepotts

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2019
Messages
178
Location
Gateshead
Yeah good point mate, they likely won't dish out medicals to people who may not start for another 12 months or so.

Still surprised no one off here has heard about a start date though. I know it's only a small amount of people on this group but I would have expected 1 or 2 to have heard. Ah well, Volvictof has said we will all start at some point so that's good and we know our hard work will pay off as long as we pass the medical.
I'm pretty sure when I went and did my last assessments there was a lady there who spotted someone that did the previous lot of assessments on the same day. The other lady has started her training
 

StuM

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2020
Messages
72
Location
Sunderland
I'm pretty sure when I went and did my last assessments there was a lady there who spotted someone that did the previous lot of assessments on the same day. The other lady has started her training
Yeah I think Volvitof said a course had already started as well. They must have been through the process at a rapid pace and it frustrates me more knowing I should have been back in on the 14th September for the Vienna part and it might have been me haha, and you as well tbf mate as you were due back on 13th weren't you.

Ah well, good things come to those who wait and I'm just looking forward to getting started as long as I pass the medical.
 

magpiepotts

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2019
Messages
178
Location
Gateshead
Yeah I think Volvitof said a course had already started as well. They must have been through the process at a rapid pace and it frustrates me more knowing I should have been back in on the 14th September for the Vienna part and it might have been me haha, and you as well tbf mate as you were due back on 13th weren't you.

Ah well, good things come to those who wait and I'm just looking forward to getting started as long as I pass the medical.
I was due to do it on the 13th but couldn't make it up on that day. It will be worth the wait buddy. They must have a set plan in place for what they are doing training wise if there is no dmi's. Makes me wonder if they are looking at the new fleet of traction and drivers for them as they won't be able to train current driver's all at the same time for them
 

CarlG

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2022
Messages
34
Location
Darlington
Yeah I think Volvitof said a course had already started as well. They must have been through the process at a rapid pace and it frustrates me more knowing I should have been back in on the 14th September for the Vienna part and it might have been me haha, and you as well tbf mate as you were due back on 13th weren't you.

Ah well, good things come to those who wait and I'm just looking forward to getting started as long as I pass the medical.
I had my vienna/mmi on the 15th of September and still yet to hear about a start date so don't beat your self up over that mate, might of still been in the same situation
 

Volvictof

Member
Joined
12 Oct 2019
Messages
228
Location
Newcastle
Just heard thru the grapevine the first course (started on Monday I believe) was mainly internals and maybe half of the next course might be too. That would explain why you are all still waiting. I believe they did that when I joined as well, got the internals thru first then moved onto external candidates.
 

CarlG

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2022
Messages
34
Location
Darlington
Just curious everyone who passed there medicals, did you get an email confirming this or phone call?

Just I had hadn't heard anything nearly two weeks after my medical so I acctually called Rebecca from HR who then told me I had passed it.

I've never acctually received anything in black and white.
 

magpiepotts

Member
Joined
30 Dec 2019
Messages
178
Location
Gateshead
Just curious everyone who passed there medicals, did you get an email confirming this or phone call?

Just I had hadn't heard anything nearly two weeks after my medical so I acctually called Rebecca from HR who then told me I had passed it.

I've never acctually received anything in black and white.
Is there a direct phone number for Rebecca in HR as I might give her a call regarding when I might be having my medical
 

IsambardK

On Moderation
Joined
2 Sep 2022
Messages
50
Just curious everyone who passed there medicals, did you get an email confirming this or phone call?

Just I had hadn't heard anything nearly two weeks after my medical so I acctually called Rebecca from HR who then told me I had passed it.

I've never acctually received anything in black and white.
I had to email, I was impatient though and couldn't wait any longer. But all I've had is they are checking future dates for training intake and will get back to me. That could be next week or 2026. So I've no idea.
 

StuM

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2020
Messages
72
Location
Sunderland
Just curious everyone who passed there medicals, did you get an email confirming this or phone call?

Just I had hadn't heard anything nearly two weeks after my medical so I acctually called Rebecca from HR who then told me I had passed it.

I've never acctually received anything in black and white.
Was that the number ending 606 mate? I tried a good few times to get hold of her and left a voicemail in the end but still haven't heard anything.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top