• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Service Driver - Neville Hill EMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

heedfan

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2017
Messages
279
Ive just had an email for my stage 1 which will be in July.
Any tips from you guys who have already been on what to expect and any useful prep work
Cheers
Andy

There’s loads of great info in this sub-section of the forum, particularly on the ‘becoming a train driver’ thread. Have a good scout through that, read up on the tests you have to do and use the practice material you’ve been sent. My advice would be to invest in a Group Bourdon practice book too, but don’t bother buying any of the other stuff that is sometimes touted around. Good luck!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ellb123

Member
Joined
8 Dec 2015
Messages
34
Anybody know the dates for the training courses this year and next. I know there was one in July which I missed out on so hoping to get on the next one.
 

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
Hi there Ellb123,

Well done on making it into the talent pool! :D

I believe the next course will be around October, and then there are several planned for 2019. (I’m not too sure when though)

The numbers taken on for each depot per course will likely vary depending on where the need is. There’s typically 10 people per course, with trainees split between Leeds, Nottingham and Derby, according to the needs of the depots.

The talent pool is a bit of a waiting game, but when you least expect it, you’ll get that call! :D (I waited about 6 months)

Hope this helps. :)
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
Understandable, I put down for Nottingham so don't know how many spaces they have to fill there? Also dunno how they preference people for allocation.
 

Dynamonic

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Messages
648
Location
Nottinghamshire
I don’t think there is that many people in the pool at the moment, and I remember being told that EMT only planned to recruit enough people for the vacancies they expect to have. (I’m sure the same would apply to Leeds too)

It is a big game of patience being in the talent pool, but that call will come! :D
 
Joined
1 May 2018
Messages
10
Just got confirmation of stage 1 testing date and practice materials. Just wondering from the people that have been through the testing day, the interview part, is it just scenario/experience based question or is there things like what do you know about EMT or why do you want to work for EMT?
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
Just got confirmation of stage 1 testing date and practice materials. Just wondering from the people that have been through the testing day, the interview part, is it just scenario/experience based question or is there things like what do you know about EMT or why do you want to work for EMT?

Stage 1 testing in my experience will just be some paper based tests with no interview till you get through to the next stage. At the DMI you will indeed be asked about what you know about emt. I babbled on for a few minutes about the rolling stock, routes, stations, stations operated (they run Burton on trent station but don't stop there), who runs the company and managing director operated, new stations such as EM Parkway. Things like their PPI measure performance (all info on their website). They mark you quite highly the more info you give them so revise as much as you can.

My advice is focus on getting past the paper tests first and if you can get some group bourdon dots practice in then do so.

Good luck
 
Joined
7 Oct 2015
Messages
590
I don’t think there is that many people in the pool at the moment, and I remember being told that EMT only planned to recruit enough people for the vacancies they expect to have. (I’m sure the same would apply to Leeds too)

It is a big game of patience being in the talent pool, but that call will come! :D

Just heard an advert is going to go up next month for the 2019 intake for Notts and Derby so you are right, very few candidates made it through the tests before and after last xmas. I believe there is a November course scheduled.
 

stjimmy87

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2016
Messages
300
Location
Nottingham
Just heard an advert is going to go up next month for the 2019 intake for Notts and Derby so you are right, very few candidates made it through the tests before and after last xmas. I believe there is a November course scheduled.

All being well looks like some Christmas/new year revision!
 

Jack9166

New Member
Joined
13 Sep 2018
Messages
1
I’m on my stage 2 testing next week. Anyone that has sat this recently is there any further information to that which I’ve already read on this thread that I may find useful. Many thanks.
 

Ellb123

Member
Joined
8 Dec 2015
Messages
34
I’m on my stage 2 testing next week. Anyone that has sat this recently is there any further information to that which I’ve already read on this thread that I may find useful. Many thanks.
I sat this a couple of months ago and tbh, as long as you done a bit of studying on this forum regarding possible questions asked, then there’s not much more to say. Everything is explained clearly on the day and your given plenty of time to prepare yourself. Personally I found this part to be the most calming out of all the assessments.
Just remember to use the STAR method for answering your questions. Good luck!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top